For you always

"Keef I found you" A little girl screamed in excitement as she pulled the laundry hamper lid with her eyes closed. But when she opened her eyes to find her friend, he wasn't in there and so she started to cry.

"Are you rewey gone?" She asked, for she had spent an hour looking for him.

The laundry door slowly creaked open and made a squeaky sound as it was opening. A small boy in a big red jacket came out to see who was crying.

Keith hugged the little girl to calm her down. Maybe he should've made his hiding spot easier so she wouldn't be too worried. I thought it was easy, he thought as he rubbed circles on her back.

"I'm not gone see" Keith said as he lifted her face and rubbed the tears away from her face. "I'm going to be by your side no matter what"

"You promise?" She asked.

"For you Pigeon" he said, "always"

Looking out the window of the bus to the trans reality field, Katie had small memories playing in her head. That being one of them.

"I can't believe you kept your promise" she mumbled looking at Keith who was somehow asleep on the seat next to her. She smiled to herself as she hummed a tone softly.

"The pictures on her phone

She's not coming

I know what you did last summer" a deep voice that sounds like the person just woke up whispered in Katie's ear.

The girl turned her head to see who the person was to see it was Keith.

"Tell me you didn't mean it though"

"Keith, what are you doing?" The girl questioned as the boy looked in her eyes and said "you were humming that song. And I guess I couldn't help myself and sing my part"

"And what exactly is your part?" She asked with a cocky attitude.

"The lover part" he smiled as he saw the small blush and flusterness in the girl's eyes. He laughed to himself as she opened her mouth to respond but the moment was to heart felt to make a smarty remark.

Keith moved his position in his seat to give the girl personal space. But Katie was still stunned from the events that just made her heart flutter.

"How can you do that?" She thought out loud.

"Do what?"

"Um. Sing in a girl's ear and act like it's nothing" she said as she grabbed her hands tight as she started to shake in her seat.

"Don't know because that was the only time I did that to someone" he said as he lifted his knees to the back of the seat in front of him.

"They took him away and all I did was watch them take them" Katie cried as she tightened her hold on Keith's jacket. "I'm so useless everyone leaves me"

Keith had enough of hearing her putting herself down it was getting annoying. Now she was saying that everyone's leaving her? He had to do something, but what? What could he do besides letting her cry and talking bad about herself. That's when an idea hit him.

"I'm not going to leave you", he started saying, "and if you find out that you are going to be an Unwanted then I will do something to be one too. I don't want you to feel like everyone is going to leave you because I'm still here"

"You would really do that?" Katie asked.

"Pidge I think you would do the same for me" he smiled as he wiped a tear from the girls cheek, "but I do promise"

"Good" was all she said as she rested her head on his shoulder.

For Keith it felt like this happened before.

Soon the bus stopped in front of the gate to where they will burn one by one to their death.

"Keith, would you go in there with me?" Katie asked as she reached for his hand lurching for comfort in something familiar.

"As I said numerous times My pigeon" he snatched her hand in a firm grasp. Not to tight but not too lose, "for you always"

And they walked off the bus hand in hand to wait for their fate.

I think this was shorter than I intended but I hope it was very moving.

So in the first flashback Keith and Pidge are 5 and playing hide and seek. The second is when they are 12 and it's after Matt is taken away. That flashback will come later so be prepared for angst. 

Sophie Out❤💚