Feelings inside me (part one)

Aang's pov

Ah, yes another wonderful morning. Sun shining brighter than yesterday. Everyone was normal. We were planning on flying again. But where?

I woke up before Toph as usual. I moved out of our cuddling position. From last night. I moved ever so lightly, to not wake her up. My face turned pink. When I realized we were sleeping like this the whole night.

I went on to meditate. As usual. As if on schedule. Katara woke up 2 hours later. I greeted her. Sokka well, um still sleeping. Toph, I imagined that she might get up, like in about 5 minutes. And so she did. She didn't do anything really. Katara greeted her. Her face did turn a shade of pink when she saw me. But it was gone the moment it was there.

I continued my meditating.

Sokka got up hours later, Toph helped him.

She practically, Sent him 20 feet in the air. We all laughed. Except for Sokka.

He just grumbled at us angrily. Jumping in his sleeping bag.

The day went by normal. I trained with Toph, Sokka. Being a goof ball. I trained with katara. She said I was improving amazingly. Toph also gave me a compliment. Saying I had improved, faster than most earthbenders ever could. She also said she is impressed by my skill, especially for an Airbender.

I blushed. It's very rare you get a compliment from Toph.

So you better savour your first one.

Speaking about Toph. I decided that I should sort out my feelings for her.

Not to consult her about it, but to just think about it. Just make sense of things.

We have been getting closer and closer everyday.

I don't think I'll be in a comfortable position, if I tell my crush about my crush. Sounds very uncomfortable to me. And I'm not sure if to consult Katara about it. She was my crush before this. Ugh all this sounds uncomfortable. And don't even talk about Sokka.

Well I have to tell someone. It's something to consider.

But for now. I'm just gonna drown in my thoughts, and feelings.

Toph. Has been getting a little softer. When she punches me, it's not really as hard as it used to be. I've also seen her open up. Like her emotions. She let's me see different ones, different colours. Instead of grey. I see red, yellow and mostly pink.

It just makes me smile when she's happy. I hate to see her angry or sad. I feel like I need to help her, comfort her. I need to be the light in her darkness.

She also let's me touch her hand a little more often. Sometimes she doesn't even know. Usually when she finds out, she rips her hand away.

In earthbending. She doesn't hold back. She goes tough on me, gives me a challenge. I give her a challenge to. She seems to like a challenge. No one who underestimates her, for her blindness and age. I don't underestimate her, because I know what she is capable of. I also like when someone gives me a challenge. They don't underestimate me for being an air nomad. Yes, I'm the avatar. But don't underestimate my power with air.

She's so, so damn amazing. I love how she acts. She's funny, sarcastic, beautiful, and strong. She's so unique. Special. If anyone dares to hurt her. I will go against my air nomad traditions.

She's so amazing, I stare at her and I don't even know. She tells me about this and I blush. She's a pretty lady, I cant help but look at you. That's a song I put there. See what I did?

I'm not sure if I like her or not. If she likes me back. But all I know is I'm beginning to fall for her. I guess I like Katara as a  friend nothing more.

I never ever thought about liking Toph before. But something made me fall for her. And I just wanna thank the spirits for doing that.

But I never even considered liking anyone but Katara!

It felt so nice to help someone in need. Like Toph she needed help to escape her parents. She needed help to show her emotions. And Toph helped me. She helped me with earthbending and finding true love.

I just want to scream I loved her on a mountain, but of course she wouldn't let me.

One thing I realized that makes me uncomfortable is that. When sokka is making unnecessary contact with Toph. Like touching her shoulder or nudging her. I know it's a friendly gesture but it makes my stomach churn.

It also bothers me how Toph punches his shoulder, or take his hand to show us something. It makes my stomach churn worse.

Like why should she do that with Sokka? I just wish she would do that with me tho.

Wait what am I saying, am I........ Jealous if Sokka. No. No. No. No. No. No. Sokka is just a friend right? If he isn't I'mma put him in his place.

I like Toph. You like Suki. We all live as a happy family. Just don't come in my way.

Ok am I threatening Sokka? For what?!

Ok, ok, this is getting the best of me. I need to control my feelings. Just control it. Breathe in, breathe out.

I think my feelings are having an effect on me. Every time I see Toph I go crazy. Every time she touches me. Nudges me or anything. I go insane. So don't even talk about confessing to her.

I don't think that time is now. I will tell her when the time is right.

When I saw her in the Ba Sing Se. When we all had to change into different attire to go to some party, to find Appa. I almost had a heart attack when I saw her beauty. Toph.

When she found me, well tomato mode clicked in. My face was red. "Another crab puff please." Toph said. I almost didn't know how to breathe. Sokka didn't even know it was her. She found us faster that I could have found her.

Ah good times. Good times.

Sometimes Friendships can last a long way. A really long way.

I know I love Toph, I hope she loves me too.

Only the future can tell.

Ok sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was busy. Anyways this is aang's thoughts. Inside his head. I'm gonna make one about toph's thoughts to. Did you see what I did. I wrote a song comment if you found it. Write the name if you want. As I said it was shorter. And I made aang jelly. Idk it just add some drama to the story. More exciting. *Bonus* there is gonna be a chapter where aang is jealous. Also the next chapter is just toph's pov. I made this shorter by 1000 words. I usually write 2000. Even though I aim for 1000+. It's basically aang's love for toph growing stronger everyday.
Well with that. Have a good day/night🌃🌄, and don't forget to be safe.

٩(ര̀ᴗര́)ᵇʸᵉ luvs ❤.

Natalia out.