Green with envy

Aang's pov

Sokka, Toph and I were back from scamming yet another, Fire Nation merchant.

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with this, just my forever girl and a third wheel scamming people, what's up with Katara?
I get it, yes don't be "Irresponsible" But can't we have a little fun?

Thoughts swirled my mind as I almost tripped on a pebble.

I plopped a newly, bought Berry into my mouth, grape specifically. The grapes here in the Fire Nation, actually was round and juicy, tasted good to, if, your the one percent of the people to not get scammed. That's highly unlikely when Toph is here.

Momo was just on my shoulder eating berries along with me, my palms holding a bag filled with them.

I was drifting away in my thoughts, until an unpleasant action took place before my eyes.

Toph and Sokka were far up in front me, laughing and joking, as friends, of course. Toph just held a heavy bag of coins, tossing it up and down, a smirk on her pale skin. Sokka placed a hand on her shoulder. My blood boiled at the sight.

I know it's a friendly gesture, but, it makes my stomach churn. I really don't like it, I felt like a thousand spirits took over my body, almost. I managed to calm myself from, the horrible sight, I should be the one over with Toph right now! Not him.

I rolled my eyes, anger burning inside me. This is a feeling I rarely felt. It's unpleasant and against my nomadic characteristics. But, I can't help but feel..... Jealous.

I decided to break the uncomfortable silence.

"What should we do with all this money?" I questioned, Toph.

Toph kept on walking then stopped, she pointed down at a merchant, whom I guess we are going to scam.

"Get more money. " Toph simply stated.

Sokka just nodded with agreement, I mentally rolled my eyes at this, so he didn't see my anger.

Sokka and Toph then continued to walk and joke, leaving me behind.

Sokka did a joke after Toph did one, I managed to cough out a fake laugh.

"Ha, ha... Yea, really....funny." I said sarcastically.

And, I'm really not sure if I thought they wouldn't notice, because I didn't even try to hide it, and Toph is literally the sarcastic queen, so she would tag me out for this, one of the reasons I love her.

"What's with the laugh Twinkle Toes?" Toph asked suspiciously.

"Yea Aang, what's with the laugh 'ha, ha' what kind of laugh is that? " Sokka said almost falling down with laughter.

I grimaced at him, because I can.

Toph raised a brow at this, like she can "see" Me.

I just looked away, I felt ashamed at my reply, my emotions are really getting the best of me these days.

"What happened to you Twinkles, not in the mood?" Toph said punching my shoulder, lighter than she does.