Drifted Apart

Even after being with them for so long, you still felt like an outsider in your family. And you hated it, but you couldn't help this feeling. Maybe it was because you were adopted, but they never talked about that. They tried to welcome you into the family. Scott even introduced you to his friends, and you loved all of them and enjoyed hanging out with them.

They treated you like you were their sister. You started hanging out with them less when you started high school. You didn't want to seem needy.

You became best friends with a boy named Isaac Lahey. You both told each other your secrets. You knew what his father did to him, but he made you swear never to tell anyone. You didn't want to lose your friendship with him, so you promised him. You secretly loved him, but never told him, not wanting to make your friendship awkward.

One day, he started acting differently. Instead of his usual clothes, being some random pair of pants, a shirt, and a scarf, he now wore leather pants, a white t-shirt, and a leather jacket. Instead of his usual geeky self, he seemed more confident. You weren't mad at him, you were happy for him.

But, you were also scared. You didn't want to lose your best friend, the person you secretly loved. He promised you everything would stay the same between you two. Until one day.

---

The two of you were sitting next to each other, laughing at his jokes. You saw Scott enter the cafeteria, and was staring at you and Isaac. You didn't think it was anything important. So you turned your back to Scott and started to finish your conversation with Isaac. You turned to Isaac, who you saw was staring at your brother. Then he looked back at you, and stopped smiling.

"Hey, (Y/N), I have to tell you something." he said as he leaned in from the opposite side of the table. You did the same.

"Yeah, what is it?"

He whispered into your ear, "I miss my dad."

You backed away a little and looked at him with confusion.

"I know, he hurt me, and I shouldn't, but I've also had some good memories with him. Like before my mom and Camden died," he said. You felt sad for your friend, so you pulled him into a big hug.

"I'm sorry for your loss," you said to him. After that, you felt someone pull you two apart. You looked up to see Scott, and he was furious.

"You." he said as he pointed to Isaac.

"Stay away from her." he said, angrily.

"Come with me (Y/N)." he said as he held onto your wrist and pulled you away from Isaac.

He was stronger than you expected. You finally pulled out of his grasp.

"Scott? What the hell?!" you yelled at him.

"(Y/N), stay away from Isaac." he said to you in a warning tone.

"Why?! He's my best friend!" you yelled at Scott.

"(Y/N), he's not good for you." he said.

"How do you know what's good for me?!" you yelled.

"He's my best friend!" you yelled at him.

"(Y/N), he's a bad person." Scott tried to explain to you.

"No, he's not! He's the best thing that's ever happened to me! He's the only one that cares about me!" you yelled again.

"Don't you think I care about you?! Of course, I do! And I'm telling you, Isaac Lahey, is a bad person!" he yelled back this time.

"Screw you." you said to him as you stormed off with tears in your eyes.