Needed You Pt.2

You sighed softly, resting your head against your locker as you winced slightly, feeling your ribs aching. The last time you talked to Isaac was nearly a month ago, and things hadn't gotten any better for you. Your uncle's problem only got worse, you didn't know what you should have expected.

You were more than exhausted, you wanted to look for some way out, but couldn't. Everything became more and more difficult.

You sighed softly, closing your eyes before sniffling. You grabbed your books and closed the locker, backing away as you bumped into Isaac, jumping slightly.

"Oh, I'm sorry," you immediately saw the red in his face as you clenched your jaw, noticing something was wrong.

Even after all that time apart, you couldn't say that you didn't care about him, and couldn't read him. You could tell something was up.

"Don't worry about it," you said softly.

That was the first time you had spoken to him in a while, the first time he spoke to you.

You walked past him, holding your books to your chest.

---

"I'm home," you called once you entered the house, your eyes immediately watering from the stench of alcohol mixed with something you presumed to be drugs.

You ran your fingers through your hair, walking up to your room and shutting the door behind you. You didn't have much time to move in, most of your stuff was left at your old house, and the rest was still in boxes. You never fully unpacked.

You dropped your bag on the floor, picking up an old shoebox filled with pictures. You knew nothing in that box was going to be good for you, only causing you more and more pain than you were already in.

You looked through all the pictures, sitting on your bed as tears filled your eyes. Everything was so peaceful and happy for both of you then. Your mothers were still alive, you were still on talking terms. Every time he passed you in the hall, you could feel a part of you dying.

You looked through another box that you kept under your bed, labeled Isaac. It was a box of memories and materials the two of you shared.

You noticed a small stuffed animal, you had a panda while he had a bear, with each other's initials carved into the feet. You looked at all the crappy artwork the two of you had done as kids while you let out a soft laugh, sniffling.

You stumbled past a small birthday present that you made for him earlier this year, but never had the chance to give it to him. It was a mini photo book, with pictures of the two of you.

More and more tears welled up in your eyes as you took a deep breath, closing your eyes.

You just wanted a break, you just wanted to go back.

You heard a loud noise as your heart jumped, opening your eyes as you stuffed everything in the box, throwing it back under the bed.

You could hear a few things dropping, meaning your uncle was awake. You dried your tears, quickly running out of your room and going to him.

---

"Scott, I have listened to everything you said and all I can feel is (Y/N) drifting further away from me!" Isaac groaned, leaning against the locker in the locker room.

"You're getting my advice mixed up with Stiles. I told you to just talk to her again, and apologize and be there for her," Scott sighed.

"Every time I try to talk to her, she just gives me that look and next thing I know, I'm walking the other way," Isaac explained.