Misunderstandings

You leaned against the lockers, watching Isaac and Allison. They looked like they were having fun. You tried your best to make it seem like you weren't jealous, but you couldn't help it. She was everything you weren't, beautiful, smart, skilled. But, Isaac wouldn't cheat on you, right?

They're always spending time with each other now, it hurt you.

You saw Isaac leave Allison, walking to you. You pushed yourself up from the locker.

"Where are you going, babe?" Isaac asked you, wrapping his arms around you.

"Nowhere," you replied, you tried your best not to look upset.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Isaac wrapped his hands around your face, stroking your cheeks.

"Nothing," you said, a little too quick, but what else were you supposed to do? Ask your boyfriend if he was sleeping with your best friend?

"No, you're not. What's wrong, (Y/N)?" he asked, worried.

You took a deep breath.

"Are you dating Allison?" you said in one breath.

"What? Of course not!", he replied, shocked.

"I-I'm sorry. It's just that you're always with her, a-and..." you said.

"It's okay, I understand. Me and Allison are friends, and that's it. I'll never cheat on you, (Y/N). I love you." Isaac pressed a kiss to your lips.

"I love you too babe." you smiled back at him.

---
"Hey, Ali, can we talk?" Isaac approached his friend.

"Yeah, what's up?" she asked.

"I think you need to tell everyone. I know, it's your secret and everything, but (Y/N) asked me if I was sleeping with you. I just don't wanna worry them," Isaac said.

"Yeah, I was thinking about it too. I'll talk to Scott and I'll ask him if he's okay with it." Allison said.

"Thanks," Isaac smiled.

"No, thank you for not telling anyone about us. Love you." Allison smiled, giving a small peck to Isaac's cheek.

---
"Thank you for not telling anyone about us. Love you." you overheard Allison talking to Isaac. He lied to you.

Your heart dropped as your eyes watered up. You took deep breaths. This couldn't be happening. Isaac wouldn't cheat on you. But he did.

You turned away from the classroom, running to the bathroom as you passed Lydia.

"(Y/N)?" she ran after her best friend.

"(Y/N) what happened?" she asked as soon as you entered the bathroom.

"He cheated on me," you cried.

"What?" Lydia said, shocked.

"I loved him and h-he cheated on me." you cried between sobs.

"Oh my god, (Y/N), I'm so sorry," Lydia said, wrapping you into a tight hug.

"I loved him so much," you cried, holding onto Lydia.

"He doesn't deserve you. C'mon, let's get you home." Lydia said, pulling you out of the bathroom.

You put your hoodie up, covering your face. You couldn't let anyone see you cry.

"(Y/N), what happened babe?" you heard Isaac's voice from behind you.

You bit your lip, holding in a cry at his voice. Lydia only pulled you faster.

"(Y/N)? (Y/N)?" you heard Isaac call you.

You made it outside the school as Lydia drove off.

---
You stayed at Lydia's house with her. She refused to let you go off alone.

"Thanks for letting me stay Lyds," you said to her, your voice quiet.

"Of course, (Y/N/N), you think I'd leave you alone? Never," Lydia said.

The two of you sat down on her bed as you heard a knock at the door. Lydia got up to go see who it was.

A few minutes passed and she still wasn't back, you decided to go see what happened.

"Please, Lydia! She's not replying to my texts, they're not answering my calls! I'm worried for them, just please let me see them!" Isaac begged.

"Oh my god, you stupid, loathing, impudent, boorish dickhead! What is your problem?! Do you think you can hurt (Y/N) like that and just see them?! What is wrong with you?!" Lydia yelled at him.

"Hurt them? Do you think I'd ever hurt (Y/N)?! I love them and I don't even know what I did wrong!", he exclaimed.

"Why are you here?" you said, your voice low.

"(Y/N)!" both Lydia and Isaac exclaimed.

"Lydia, can I talk to Isaac please?" you asked her.

"Fine," Lydia said as you walked outside to him.

"(Y/N).." he started.

"I trusted you, I loved you, and this is what you do to me?" you asked, your voice shaky.

"(Y/N), please. I don't even know why you're mad at me. he said.

"I saw you and Allison in the classroom today," you said.

"(Y/N), that's not what you think it is, I promise. I would never cheat on you. I don't like Allison." he said.

"Isaac, I saw you, why do you keep lying?" you asked him, your eyes water, as did his.

"(Y/N), I'm not lying, I swear," he said.

"Just leave me alone, Isaac." you started walking back inside.

"(Y/N), please. You're the only one I love." he cried.

"Bye, Isaac." you cried softly, running inside and locking the door.

If only you understood. If only you heard the whole conversation, if only they told you what happened.