Intro

"I love you more and more," I said, he giggled and held my shoulders tight. I looked at him dumbfounded and he touched the tip of my button nose. I woke up to the alarm.

"YAAAAAAAA !!" I screamed sprinting off my bed, it was the last alarm I had set - the 15th alarm to be precise. I finally turned it off.

Thaaaad I heard a plate fall on the kitchen floor. Before I could get back to my senses - my mom came by started an emotional, heartfelt, unscripted speech on how she and dad had done so much for me and how I was lost in thoughts of the 6 boys in their early 30s living in S.Korea.

It's not the first time I was crushing over men, well you tell me how can someone not fall for men who heal you with their music, express love for their fans despite being so far away, performing their best everytime, attributing fans for their achivements, stunning as hell, dancing and singing until they are out of breath, how incredible is their journey from roadshows to world tours ... I know I sometimes act silly. I shouldn't just daydream and rather focus on fulfilling my goals.

One day they too will disband like others but their efforts and hardships have already got them, what they wanted and music lovers will never forget them. Still they try to work off their limits, truly they are inspiration for many.

My parents know their journey as well but they believe that I'm more focussed on them than on myself. And that's not true. I do love, respect and care for my parents though I haven't expressed it to them, in recent times.

"Wake up Pavi before I come to your room !!" my dad yelled from the kitchen. My mom wiped her tears and grabbed me off the bed.

"You will miss the flight shona" she said.

"Wohoo !! I am going to S. Korea, thank you mom for persuading dad", I said and danced around my mom.

My mom frowned, dad walked in. I wondered what was wrong now. I looked at the calendar behind me and realized that I was about to miss the flight to 'Mussoorie'. My excitement dropped hence forth.

I was working in a pharmaceutical company, my friends and I had planned trip to Goa. But I had resigned last week, after a heavy argument with that jerk. I didn't want to go after all that, but I need a break as well.

I had packed my suitcase priorly and also I had completed my whole morning routine in half an hour. My phone beeped, it was message from him, my boss's boss. (He is the CEO of the company I worked in.)

It read as follows :

Ms Pavi

Woah he sent this now, I am not even surprised. I controlled my anger and ate the breakfast my mom had made with so much love and affection, she had been cooking with that devotion every single day. I was going to miss that for 9 days. I was their only child and not less than princess of any kingdom. I heard a familiar honk sound, I thought they had arrived and so I got up and opened the main door in a fit of happiness but to my utter shock, it was him. I dropped the spoon I had, on the ground.

He got off the car and  walked past me, I wanted to stop him right there but I felt my feet glued. My parents didn't know about my resignation and all that had happened between us. He was welcomed by them and they took their seats. I stared at him furiously but he was playing it cool, ignoring me.

I lifted the spoon, washed it so that I don't get scolded by mom in his presence. I was afraid that he would spill off the truth. My phone rang, it was my dear Linda. She had managed to get 3 concert tickets. And had been calling me past 2 days to ask if I had successfully convinced my parents to let me go to S.Korea. She called again at the wrong time, I switched off my phone. I did feel bad but this melodramatic guy was one I had to focus on.

But I was a fangirl of this band for more than 12 yrs now and my bias the maknae would be getting enlisted after that very concert. On other hand, I had been working for his father's company for 4 years now and I had taken up this job at early age, so as to meet them.

I learned a lot from the job, met so many knowledgeable people, earning money is a whole new thing - most importantly I learned to save and invest my money. I was the kanjoos one in my circle as whenever it came on me for treats I used to make up a lame excuse. I spent less on myself but had most of the official merches and albums, I was very proud of. Thus I'm thankful that the company had entrusted in me and had given me job, which gave the final flight to my dreams.

Everything was fine until last month, I created a nuisance after I got drunk in the party organized by company, on success of product's sales. I ended up puking on his expensive suit and also almost ruined his father's favourite painting worth crores, thankfully the press wasnt present, as the attendees of the party were just the family and few choosen  employees of the company.  I really don't know why I wasn't fired from the job that day.

I blushed out of embarrassment and ran to my room. I glanced towards the wall clock and knew I had missed the flight, but I can still go to concert : it is anyways more important and precious to me. None of them even turned up after I resigned. And upon all that I had lied to my parents, I wasn't going to Mussoorie but Goa.

Now I can hopefully convince them to go to the concert, like the stay will not be even 3 whole days and so I hope my parents agree. But why did she book three tickets? Oh, I'm such a tube light. Did she get a boyfriend already or is her annoying younger brother coming along? Thinking about the same I dialled her number on the landline, I heard a knock on the door. I had completely forgotten who was out there with my parents.

"What happened, dad ?" I enquired. There was no response, i waited for her to pick my call. The door slowly opened, he came in and apologised. I didnt want to even look at his face but then I was in fixed situation. I slowly shut the door and burst out with question.

"What did you tell to my parents? Did you tell them about the Goa trip? Did they get to know about my resignation? Why are you here right now?" to which he just grinned.

I held the reviever of the landline to my ear thinking she picked the call, he tried to come closer. I ran to the hall, pulled out the car keys and informed my parents that I was going to the local library and will be back in 2 hours.

My parents didn't utter a word, I had the water bottle, my purse in the car. I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing but still I drove off.

I used to visit that library every now and then from the past 6 years, I used to go there not for reference books but just novels and sometimes magazines. I knew the owner well, he thus advised me to work at the library when I resigned, yes he knew it the day itself as i was in midst of embarresment and hangover at 3:30 am and i really didnt want my parents to see me in that condition. I barged at his place then, for some reason he was at library and he let me stay there with warm blankets and let me go next day only after i had hangover soup and breakfast at his place.

 But instead of working, I sat at home all those days doing nothing productive. I was welcomed by him and few acquaintances. I went straight to the kids section and picked the first book I found in the 3rd row which was of Nancy Drew series. They were suprised, but then they continued reading their books.

I completed reading the book and wanted to read the next volume but sadly it was closing time so I thanked him and left.

It was 2 pm, I was hungry. I drove to the restaurant nearby and had wholesome thali with the ones I met in the library. We talked for longer time than usual, I really felt better after talking to them. I then left as it was 5 pm already.

As I reached there I saw few familiar cars on the street, I parked mine at the dead-end of that street. THERE WAS A HELL LOT OF NOISE COMING FROM MY HOME.  I started thinking about all the possible persons who were causing the chaos. The door was open, I walked in and there I saw the messy hall.