Chapter 4

I opened my eyes it was dark in, the side table lamps were on. He was sleeping on the couch. He looked tensed though, I covered him with the blanket. Then turned off the lamps and walked out of the room using the phone's flashlight. The lights were on in one side of the living room, Sanya and Arjun were sitting on the sofa. Arjun had laid his head on her shoulder they were being all lovey-dovey. I didn't want to disturb them and so tiptoed to the kitchen. 

I was hungry but there was nothing in the fridge, I rushed back. JK had woken up, the room lights were on. He stared at the bed anxiously.

"What happened JK are you alright? " I asked.

He looked at me and rushed towards me.

"What's your problem huh? Why did you wake up now? Couldn't you wake me up if you wanted something? He said loudly.

Sanya and Arjun hurriedly came in.

" What happened Jay? And Pavi why are you standing here, get some rest" Arjun said.

"Yeah, are you taking stress about something dear? Please tell us. You collapsed in there, apply this ointment for the bruise" Sanya added.

I didn't know what had happened and how I was in JK's home. I looked at them and laid down.

"Don't stress and please share your problems with us. We will always be there for you. Good night" Arjun said and they left.

I looked around the room lying down. What am I worried about? I have everything - my loving and supportive parents, my caring friends. I did resign but see they all still want me back and care so much for me. And also JK loves and trusts me then why am I stressed ?

 He suddenly walked in I closed my eyes. Presuming he might have laid down I rolled to my left and opened my eyes. There he was sitting on the bed looking at me. I sat up straight on the bed.

"Relax, relax I'm sorry I was checking if you were asleep or not," he said calmly.

He turned off the lights and  asked me to turn on the side lamp beside me. I did so, he asked me to sit on the nearby couch for a while. The moonlight fell in as he pulled up the curtains with remote. He then opened the windows and turned off the AC. A breeze came in and it made me feel tingly. He sat on the couch at a distance. 

"Pavi tell me, what are you thinking about lately? You know you can trust me. I promise I won't tell it to your parents" he asserted.

I moved towards him and laid on his lap, I remembered my dad. I want to go home now. He gently brushed his hand through my curly hair a few times.

"Are you comfortable in this nightgown?" He asked.

"Ah, nightgown??" I said waking up and looked at myself.

"D-did you change me into this !!? I asked him with a raised voice, he was blushing off.

" Yes, I thought the tshirt stained with wine must be washed off immideatly, so I helped you. I didn't see anything though" He concluded.

" Can you drop me home please ?" I asked in a soft tone.

" I'm sorry to have offended you. Please stay you can sleep here alone, I will go sleep in the other room" he said and was about to leave with his phone.

"No it's not like that, when I feel weak ... I feel better only in my parent's presence," I said as I walked towards him.

"Wait just read this, it's the message your dad had sent me. I didn't want to show you but I think this-," he said showing me the text that read, 

Sir, I'm happy that my daughter is taking decisions in her life and I do feel bad sometimes but she needs to make mistakes to learn. How long will we be protecting her? I, therefore, want you to be her true friend if not her life partner, she only trusts and loves you the most after us. Please don't deceive her and assist her whenever possible. And please don't pamper her as we did. Thank you.