Chapter 5

"What do you even want JK?" I said stepping back.

"You, I just want you," he said looking at his phone.

"Did you drink last night or are you taking classes from your flirtatious cousin? " I said giggling.

He frowned, I smiled and continued "If my letter hasn't been considered yet, I wish to join back."

" Thank you very much," he said without lifting his head.

"What's the matter? Do you know which document is missing?" I asked in a low voice.

"You don't worry about that. I will drive you home now, your parents might be worried" He said calmly.

"No, i will stay," he lifted me in his arms and carried me all the way to his car.

I knew this was going to happen. Something's going on. I never thought she would try initially plotting against me and now the company. Thinking that I sat in the car, he drove me home. We didn't speak a word , as we reached, he said he had office works and requested me to join next week and not today. I agreed and got off the car. I merely opened the gate and walked in.

My parents and Linda were waiting for me. I hugged Linda and asked if she was fine. But in return, I was chastised by them. She grabbed my hands and forced me to sit on the dining chair. Dad and Linda sat down as well, my mom came by and served us all. She sat down and we ate breakfast in silence. Dad informed me that they were going to the temple in an hour and I could join them if I wish to. I nodded and went to my room with Linda. As we stepped in I closed the door and whispered,

"Why did you even book 3 concert tickets?"

"That that I didn't" she was about to confess.

"Where's Jay Kishan? You said he would be dropping you right? " my mom said as she rushed in.

"He said he has some work," I announced.

"Are you going to join back or going to prepare for the exam?" mom enquired, looking at Linda.

"Yes mom I will join next week," I said recalling his reaction.

"What happened Pavi?... Oh sorry, I need to leave, I am getting late. I will come to meet you this weekend" Linda said and left.

"Baby, what's the matter? Are we pressuring you? Or did something happen between you and Jay? Please tell "

"Yes, beta tell. We are waiting for your answer" Dad said as he walked in.

"I need more time to get ready," I said grabbing kurta from the cupboard.

"Okay fine, come on let's go get ready as well," Dad said as he walked out.

"Pavi call me if you need something. And please don't lock the door" mom said and left.

I got ready and kept my phone for charging and left for the temple. There was a long queue there as it was Krishna Janmashtami. We gave our offerings to God after an hour of queue and then I ran to the prasad counter, got some ladoos. My dad recollected how they used to convince me to come along when i was younger, in the name of ladoos. Things seem so simpler when we are kids and as we grow they turn out to be so complicated.

We then went to my uncle's house. My aunt had made delicious feast she makes every year, my mom was upset as she couldn't assist my aunt this time. After that I drove home as our bellies were so full, I knew dad wouldn't be able to drive.

I saw Chris waiting as we reached home, I was distressed thinking what's the matter now? I parked the car, my parents insisted him to come inside but he denied. I looked at him, he motioned me to sit in his car.

"Mom, Dad I need to go to the office. That yesterday's experiment results weren't accurate so we need to redo them. I may come home late, don't get tensed I am fine" I said in a tone of reassurance and sat in his car. My mom hurried in and got my phone, I thanked her.

I waved at them as we drove off with a bright smile on my face, they seemed to have accepted I was fine. That made me feel better.

"What's the problem? What are you guys trying to hide from me?" I said with a sudden tone change.

"Zaira wants to talk to you," he said in a tense voice.

"Okay, where is she? Did you guys find her? And the document? " I asked him.

He said nothing. We drove for about an hour or so, I didn't know where we were going. He finally stopped at an isolated farmhouse. I never had come this way.

The farmhouse had huge compound walls and gates were open - it was beautiful and unique. It had all that lush green grass and I think it was covered with coconut trees from the sides. The house door was open, and there were many flower pots outside near the entrance. There were 2 SUVs out there and a cage - couldn't see what was inside.

"Why are we here? Will you speak out Chris?" I asked anxiously.

He didn't even park the car, he went in and didn't turn up . I got off after waiting for him for more than an hour and walked on the stone path. I walked close to the cage, a Prussian cat was sitting elegantly, staring at me. I gulped in and went close to one of the side windows to see in before, I couldn't see a thing.

I walked in, there was a long corridor, steps to the next floor on my right and on left there was the vast living room, everything was covered by white fabric. There were nature paintings and few animal skull on one side below which there was a huge container kind of with a huge riffle kept on it. A huge chandelier that enabled me to see all that. I walked in further,  I walked past the modular Italian kitchen. Something was being baked, I could say that because of the aroma. It had see through window, with a huge chimney. I then walked past two bedrooms they had French windows which were open. The whole place had wooden flooring, it looked like a summer palace from inside.

Then I reached a dead end, there was a door there which was open.  I saw numerous rows of sports car out there. Where am I even at? Does this place have no security ? AND WHERE IS CHRIS?

I walked back to the entrance and took the stairs to the next floor, the place was like a two-floored railway bogie. I walked by two rooms, but the door was locked from inside, I heard faint noises.I walked and saw there was a terrace garden. It looked so well maintained and there were few chairs to sit there.

I went downstairs and decided to get out from there. I sat in the car and drove off, I saw black coloured cars in the opposite direction I bent a little, slowed down and saw them drive in the farmhouse. I hit on the accelerator and drove as fast as I could.

After a while, I observed I was being chased by a car with no number plate. I immediately took a sharp turn into a mud road leading to nowhere. The car suddenly stopped in front of mine,  a person came out, I saw him running towards me. I started got off and ran as fast as i could. He looked truly horrible, he was in black suit with guns in his hands.

I wished i didnt fall as i was running, i reached to some road. The guy was still behind me , i ran to other side of the road. I almost ran into a truck coming from the front, he got hit by the truck . The truck ran over him, blood flew on my face the driver didnt stop, neither the truck had a number plate.

I saw a familiar car coming my way, I waved at the car, the driver stopped ahead of me. The car door opened I ran and sat in. It was Linda, I don't know how she came there. I said her to drive me home and fell asleep. When I woke up I found myself on the couch I slept the other night on. I was lying on someone's lap and I heard him whisper, "Hush !! lie down."