Chapter 6

I was with Linda I remember and I was at someone's farmhouse and Chris drove me there in the name of Zaira. How did I even come here? Why can't I remember? I thought and woke up.

"Lie down, I know you are in trauma after watching that accident. Don't worry you haven't done anything on purpose" He said looking at me.

"How do you know about that? Where were you yesterday, I called you several times? Do you know how traumatised I was? I said angrily.

"I-"

" Leave me alone, please consider my resignation. I want to prepare for my PhD. Zaira's entry has just turned my life topsy-turvy. I can't take this more " I spoke and walked to the living room.

I called home using his landline and requested dad to pick me up from there. My dad agrred. Someone pulled the reciever from dad's hand, it was Linda she said she would come up instead. I placed the handset back.

He came from behind and hugged me. I don't know what was even happening.

"Babe, Linda brought you here. I was in a meeting so I couldn't receive your call. As soon as it ended I called back, Linda lifted then and-" he said as he patted me.

I turned back and hugged him I felt so stupid to have doubted him.

"Do you know where Zaira lives? Chris picked me yesterday stating that she wanted to talk to me" I said.

"What!? Yesterday we got her arrested but she eloped away so I was all tensed. But in the evening Mr. Raikar wanted to meet and sign the deal we had offered him last month so-" he said pulling me off.

"Did Chris help Zai-ra? Omg why did he even take me to that farmhouse then, I heard noises but there was no one there!!" I said nervously.

"It's fine relax. Do you know where the place is at? " he said, dialling a number on a landline.

"I don't know, I never saw that place before I know the insides and surrounding of the farmhouse," I said recollecting how beautiful and majestic it was.

"You seemed to have liked that place. But don't think much about it I will inform the police" he said. He then talked to the inspector I guess about what I said he even added that Linda may know the location as she picked me up from nearby that place.

I sat on the couch and looked at him, see how smart and handsome my boyfriend is, I just hope Zaira is caught but why is Chris even helping her I wonder.

The landline rang, it was a call from my home I signalled him to say I want to stay there. He well handled and said that she was just angry for something and as it sorted out we are leaving for work together. He asked them how they were doing and ended the call.

"Where are you gonna take bath today?" he asked standing by the centre table, he rubbed his hands and then the back of his neck.

"Hmm I don't know, I was thinking we can just leave for work now. I missed the lab environment a lot so let's get going then" I said standing up and walked towards the kitchen.

I went in to check the pantry and made the groceries list. He watched me doing so and asked me what I was noting down, looking around in the kitchen.

"I'm making a shopping list. We can go buy them after we freshen up" I said giggling. I walked out and handed him the list. He was standing there confused I chuckled and strolled to his room. I waited by the door but he didn't come.

"Babe I'm waiting!!" I said aloud.

I heard some footsteps running towards the room, he came in and lifted me off the ground, placed me towards the wall and began to kiss my lips intensely. I kissed him back, I think that lasted for few minutes. He placed me down and went to get something I sat down and waited. He came in with sexy lingerie and a lavender skater dress. I inquired if I was supposed to wear that for shopping. He nodded and left.