Characters

The kids had ruined the whole place. They weren't kids but my dear friends. My parents and that jerk were not there then, where could they go now? I thought.

I couldn't take my eyes off the dirty floor and sofa covers which had pieces of cake along with coke, chips, fries, cookies and whatnot. Where do these guys think they even are at? I muttered bitting my lip.

"MOM!!! DAD!!!" I screamed.

There was finally silence. They stopped and gave their ears to me.

" What are you guys doing? Weren't you supposed to be in Goa now?" I cried out.

My parents and boss came out of nowhere.

"Goa?? But the trip was to Mussoorie right ? " My dad asked.

I didn't know what to answer to that. I stood there quiet.

"Come on guys let's go, Pavi will clean up the mess. She doesn't even care about anyone of us present in this room. Why should we miss the party for her?" My mom announced.

Party!!! nice anyways what mom said was right. I had many things in mind but was not sure when the right time was to do them. Overthinking brings no solution to a problem or answer to any question just brings life to still and further regression. I went on to clean the mess, instead of leaving they all stared at me working, aish couldn't they help me rather. Slowly they started dispersing, I cleaned the whole place in 50 minutes.

I was hoping that JK hadnt left me there alone, yes I'm selfish. And there he was standing near the gate, arms crossed. He looked so damn handsome that day in that red suit and his favourite gold-embroidered dark black tie.

I ran and hopped in his arms. I had forgotten everything then, he was startled at my reaction but he held me gently. I felt like time had paused, I just relaxed my head on his shoulder.

After a while I heard some noise, I lifted my head and looked around ... they were all there. No one had left, I looked at them. I abruptly realised that I had broken up with him and all that, I hit on his head and got off . It was one of our best moments but reality flashed upon at the wrong time. I bowed down and sat on my knee and rubbed my hands apologising to him and everyone present there.

"Yaar ye firse dramas dekhne lagi sara mood kharab kar diya" I heard him say. He was the witty but naive senior of mine, Chris, the DU graduate who was the sales manager.
      " Why did you even let her resign Jay, see how dramatic she become now. She was already known by all because of last month's incident and now if she rejoins I don't know what more will we be witnessing." He said and smirked at me.

I processed it all, I wanted to swear at him right then but it wasn't the right time. Just then I felt arms on my shoulder, that later pulled me closer to the person and he spoke.

"Sorry everyone for what happened, please forgive Pavi ... uncle, aunty,friends. You know she's still young and immature she wasn't sure on how to handle things which recently stirred up in her life. I'm sorry Pavi, I couldn't help you deal with them" he said. I looked at him and my parents with a puppy face. Everyone burst out laughing except for me.

"Pavs, you seriously are so adorable and innocent," Dia said as she laughed out. She joined the company with me and works under Chris. I still couldn't figure out what was going on. Have I lost my thinking capabilites after I resigned? I was about to self interrogate.

"Guys stop this girl already looks lost, let's just break the truth. Pavi ... ," Arjun spoke out. He was my junior there, he troubled me every single day as my lab partner. I did enjoy his company, we enjoyed the street food together and sometimes midnight chats - we had to wait for hours to get results. It's fun and tiresome to work in labs but the most blissful moment is when you go to bed.

"You might have hid a lot of things from your parents but I kept them updated, thus they knew everything. They wanted you to be more honest to them." He said calmly. Duh, he's trying to show off again.

"Mom, can you tell me what's going on? Why are you all still here? It's been over an hour already" I said after building up some courage. And pushed his hand off my shoulder.

"Pavi, we cancelled the whole trip after you resigned. We weren't sure if we could enjoy ourselves there in your absence. Three days back Jay brought up the idea of celebrating here itself with you and so are we here" Sanya spoke out. She was his childhood friend and was the product executive.

"But what's there to celebrate? We planned the trip for break right!?" I said.

"Don't you know what is special about today?" Mr Ronnie asked me lifting the specs of his nose tip. He was the lab head and a very jovial man in his 50s.

I was already overburdened with thoughts. I was pissed off, I saw his car behind my parents and just got in. It wasn't the first time that he had left his car unlocked.
"Oh get in the cars already, I don't want to hear to speeches anymore" I shouted knowing I was being way too much bold that day.

"Pavi, you are being so disrespectful. Your seniors and colleagues are right here and you just ignored them all again. You have changed a lot," dad said . What is special about today? I thought and realized it was JK's birthday.

I looked at him, he seemed very much disappointed. I truly felt bad, whatever had happened between us he shouldn't be the way he was at least on his birthday. I looked at Arjun for help and he rightly did so.