Chapter 5: The Freezing Ground

Rainfall

Itsuka Residence

Izuku: H-Hey, Tohka... Please, just listen to what I have to say.

*Crash!*

Tohka: Don't worry about me! Get lost already, you big idiot!!

Izuku: Tohka...

Inside the house of the Itsuka family, Midoriya is now trying to talk to Tohka but couldn't, because she is very angry at him.

Izuku: What did I do wrong...?

_____
_____

Restaurant

Reine: Forgive me for being blunt, Tohka, but would you tell me what's frustrating you?

Reine asked Tohka. Both of them are inside the restaurant and having a talk.

Reine: Is it because you can't accept Zuzu seeing other women?

Reine's guess was right as she breaks Tohka's silence.

Tohka: Wh-Why do you keep bringing up Izuku?

Reine: Oh, he has nothing to do with it?

Reine said bluntly. Tohka couldn't answer as she grew frustrated and rubs her head in frustration.

Tohka: I can't say. Even I'm not sure why I feel like this.

_____
_____

At the streets, Midoriya is walking his way home with his groceries on his hand and his umbrella, covering him from the rain. Midoriya looks to the ground while walking, remembering Tohka's expression after what happened last time.

Izuku: Tohka... What have I done to make her angry? Was she angry about the accident I did with Yoshinon? If so, I want to talk to her and apologize...

Midoriya thought with a frown as he kept walking.

Izuku: Wait, me and Tohka had a date together back then and... we k-kissed. And right now, I'm asking Yoshinon for a date in order to save her. Doesn't that count as cheating? I m-mean, Tohka is not my g-girlfriend yet...

While he's thinking about his situation with Tohka and his encounter with Yoshinon, something catches his eye. Midoriya snapped out from his thoughts and saw Yoshinon who seems to be finding something.

Izuku: Y-Yoshinon?

Yoshinon heard Midoriya's voice as she gasped and tried to run away.

Izuku: Ah, w-wait! Calm down, I won't hurt you. Huh? What happened to your puppet?

Midoriya said, looking at Yoshinon's left hand where her puppet is worn at. Yoshinon widened her eyes as she runs back to Midoriya and grabs his uniform.

Izuku: Were you looking for it?

Yoshinon looks at Midoriya and nodded slowly at his question.

_____
_____

Tohka: It's not for me to decide who Izuku meets or kisses, but seeing that... felt really painful for some reason. And when that rabbit told me that Izuku cares more about that girl than me, I felt really helpless. I got so scared. Is there something wrong with me?