Chapter 2

Ayanokoji POV

After she turned back and seemed to gain her compusure again she stated,"You are free to make anything as long as it features eggs. Are you sure that you want to continue?" Nakiri said.

If this was her way of proving us to drop out so she can test out her new recipes it was considerably lousy. She must've thought that we knew her and would shiver at the mention of her name.

"Now is your only chance to withdraw—" She said in in that timeframe it seems Yukihira got close to her and was relieved at the statement.

"Whew! I was worried there for a second. I didn't know if what I'd do if I got rejected before I even got a chance to cook anything." Yukihira said.

Even though I wasn't going to act nonchalant as him I also held the same opinion in my conscience. If I was regarded as a failure before I even got to cook anything it would show my improper ability as a chef to perform. I was glad that Yukihira wasn't like me or we probably wouldn't be able to do something like this.

"Hey you boy, get your hands off her! Just who do you think she is?" the short haired girl said. Honestly I couldn't care less for an explanation of her again and was making my way to go cook something. Yukihira held the same opinion as I and we were checking out the ingredients.

Even though I wasn't listening directly to her I could still make out what she was saying.

"This is the Lady Erina Nakiri! She is the valedictorian of her class and the council of ten masters!" She said.

Oh that was interesting, council of ten masters. I'm betting that has something to do with the Elite 10 my father was talking about. I kept that silently in my head and turned to Yukihira.

"Hey, don't you think these are some pretty high quality knives?" Yukihira asked me.

"Hmm, they do look pretty high quality." They were high quality indeed but if I had to compare it to those then they just look like above average to me.

"You two, stop wandering around and listen!" the two girls shouted seemingly flustered that they were being ignored.

"I'll ask you two one more time, do you truly want to accept my test?" Nakiri asked both of us. Knowing Yukihira's personality it was best to let him answer first.

"Huh, well yeah. All I got to do is make you say the food is good. Of course I'll do it." he said. I decided to speak for the third time today.

"All I have to do is make the dish, present the dish, and you taste it. I really can't see the complexity in all this." I said my piece as to how I truly felt about this exam. I just have to make an egg dish and make her say it was good and I pass, right.

Third Person POV

"Who are these ruffians. First you have Soma Yukihira, family runs a small restaurant. Hmph a classic second rate chef. And you have Kiyotaka Ayanokouji, his family runs a moderately sized restaurant but he has only been cooking for two years. He probably thinks this is some regular bottom feeder culinary school." Nakiri thought.

Getting these two to understand my noble superiority is like trying to find a diamond deep underground with a toy shovel. It's pointless."

"If you insist, then. Perhaps I will taste your dishes. Show me the flavors of what the bottom of the culinary world will taste like." Nakiri said to to the two boys.

"This lady is a little overconfident. But I've had enough with the overconfidence of people and them underestimating me." Ayanokouji thought to himself looking back on his younger days.