Chapter 5

One of my favorite MC's Izayoi Sakamaki. Sauce: Problem Children are Coming From Another World. Don't watch the anime read the LN's it's much easier and has way more info on the world and mythology.

Third Person POV Polaris Dormitory

It was a bright new day here in the Polaris Dormitory. Mostly everyone was tired as the day just started and we're making there way to the Cafeteria.

"*Yawn*" "Mornin" "Hmm" Isshiki-Senpai thought as he saw what was in the cafeteria. It was a shock to relatively everyone there, it was Yukihira sitting cross legged on a chair about ready to cook.

"I heard you had a challenge with Ayanokoji yesterday and it ended in a tie. Me and Ayanokoji are relatively the same in cooking strength, so I want to challenge you for the Seventh Seat." He said.

SILENCE cricket, bird, the nice blow of the wind could all be heard, maybe even the sound of Ayanokoji's shoes could be heard

"Did he really tell you only that much, *sigh* there's two things wrong with what you said but I'll tell you one, figure out the other one yourself, first at the Totsuki institute, "challenges" are special." He said and there was visible confusion on his face.

Scene Change, inside Totsuki at a location

Chankobe* Society
76th Captain, High School 2nd Year, Kiyoshi Godabayashi
Chankobe is meat and vegetable stew usually served to sumo wrestlers.
—————————————————————————
"The Chanko society is a venerable clubhouse as old as the institute itself. If you insist on tearing it down, what do you propose to build in its stead. Miss Nakiri?" Godabayashi asked her.

"My (sixth) personal cooking wing. I'm running short on space with only five." Nakiri said. When I first read this I was like the audacity of this woman.

"You're kidding me! The building is filled with decades of tradition and hundreds' of students passion for cooking! You propose to destroy this all that for mere personal gain?! And you call yourself a chef." He rebutted obviously mad at her proposal.

"Yeah you tell her" "Stop her tyranny" "You need to leave" "Word to my Timbs" the crowd all said cheering on Godabayashi. At this Nakiri had some words of her own.

"You have accomplished nothing of note for years. Your time is spent little but praising past glories. Totsuki had no need of worthless clubs like yours." She said.

"You abuse your authority to do whatever you please. We will not let you throw your weight around anymore. If I win you will give up the Tenth Seat! I challenge you, Erina Nakiri!" said Godabayashi.

"Well then, if I win construction of my new wing will continue as planned. I accept your challenge Godabayashi-Senpai."

Back to Polaris

To start with, the whole idea of the 'challenge' was created as a means for Totsuki students to resolve their conflicts. These challenges come with a certain set of requirements. Soma, if you were to challenge me to acquire my seat on the council of ten you would have to offer something of equal value in exchange." Isshiki explained.

"Something that would be worth the seventh seat on the council of ten. Not even your expulsion would be enough." Isshiki said and Yukihira obviously exasperated.

"What? Seriously, is that why you didn't accept Ayanokoji's request for a challenge?" He asked.

"No, that wasn't the reason why, he actually never challenged me, I don't think Kiyotaka would do something like that. He could possibly challenge me, I mean he did tie me." Isshiki said jokingly.