Chapter 4

The butlers and servants go on with their usual thing while I bring Damian upstairs to my room. I let him down to waddle through the room looking around. My room consists of brown mahogany wood furniture with red curtains. The floor is a white marble with a soft grey carpet Damian is currently lying on and yawning from tiredness.

"You must be tired huh?" I ask him and he looks at me nodding his little head.

"C'mon, we both can sleep a few hours together." I pick him up and bring him over to my bed.

I put him down on the bed and he settles in curling himself up. I smile and pet his furry body letting him calm down before I go to my closet to change into something more comfortable. Before I even take two steps he whips up and barks.

"Relax I am just going to change in my closet not letting you see me naked and then I will join you." He settles his head back down and I take that as my cue to go and change.

I change from my black dress into a black tank top and blue jean shorts then head to the bed settling down right next to Damian. He walks over to me and curls in my side. I smile and curl around him.

The next day I wake up and get up with a small furball following me. I head downstairs but stop suddenly when I hear some whining. I turn to see Damian scared of going down the steps. I grab him and walk to the kitchen with him. If he is a puppy then he will need some milk.

"Hello miss." Margaret greets me making some pancakes.

"Hello." I grab a bowl for the milk and pour some for Damian.

"Here you go." I settle the pup down and he immediately drank.

I eat my pancakes and then head off to the couch grabbing my pad and pencil. Damian settles himself on the floor and has a perfect position for me to draw him. Soon enough I have a beautiful sketch of Damian's puppy form and signed his name and mine on the corner. I show him the drawing and he put his paw on the page admiring himself. He not only is cute but I think he is obsessed with his looks. Charmer!

"Miss Dagger, your friend is here." my butler announces when a bouncy brown-haired girl comes through the doors.

"Hey girl, Ooohh, cute pup." My friend Sarah walks in with her pink heels and shouts, Damian curls near me and growls at the hyperactive girl.

"Thanks and hey." I take Damian in my lap to protect him from the wild girl. 

"So, I was thinking tonight we should go to Nick's party." She hints at me. I know the sly look she is giving me and no I am not going. I am certainly not a party girl, I am more chill than that and besides, I have Damian with me to keep me company.

"Hell no, am I doing that and besides I can't leave this little guy alone with the house staff," I tell her.

"Why? Why do you do this to yourself? You bore the hell out of your life, just like Batman." I laugh at the last comment. Batman can be dull and a bit boring but he keeps the city safe so no objection to that.

"Yeah, Batman can be somewhat boring but still I have to take care of Damian here. I made a promise to Mr. Bruce Wayne's sons." I inform her of the situation.

"Well to hell with them." She stops talking when a growling is heard from Damian.

He claws at me to get to her but Sarah just gushes and is inching her hand to pet him. I take hold of her wrist stopping her hand and glared at her. I can handle all this girl drama but when she is messing with an adorable and cute puppy-like Damian then she is going to see a whole other side of me.

"No," I tell her seriously.

"To what?" she asks curiously to what I am saying no to.

"No to everything. The party, the boredom, the gushing, and everything that you think you are doing right is absolutely wrong." I explain.

She huffs standing up as I let her go and walk out the door. The butler closes the door behind her. I sigh and settle back with Damian crawling on my stomach and reaching to lick my face.

"You are really something huh," I state and after a minute I stand up with the pup and continue with my day.

It is night time and a crash startles me awake. I look around in a slight sleep daze and notice Damian isn't in my grasp. I hear growling from in the hallway and see my bedroom door open with a small tail standing up. I get out of bed walking over to see what is happening.

"Damian?" I look down at the pup and before anything, a needle pierces in my neck after it gets ripped off.

A huge rush of pain goes through me and I scream in pain. Damian is somewhere while I thrash about. Soon before passing out, I heard maniac laughter and whining with soft fur touching my face.