{Chaper 14} Natalie

[A/n]:editing this has become a drag istg-

I don't think i did my best with this tbh- but uh, Tell me what you think?

---

Esmund came home the next day looking as though he had just gone into a stressful meeting, his usual pristine look wasn't there, as dark circles were under his eyes.

(Y/n) watched him sit down from the stairs, she was about to drink a glass of water (with Wrath's encouragement) when Esmund abruptly arrived from his work and seeing him made her hesitate.

She wanted to go back up her room, she didn't want to face him just yet, but she knew her new demon friend would talk her ears off, seeing as she had been dehydrated from all the crying. She wasn't really in the mood to get another one and so she figured, she'd wait until he either fell asleep or be distracted so she could sneak off to the kitchen.

But, That would take a while...

And she was itching for the comforts of her bed once more. Thus, she disappointedly agreed to the conclusion to just walk towards the kitchen and cross her fingers in hopes of not getting noticed.

Which Of course didn't work well...

As she was halfway to the kitchen, She heard his intimidating voice, call out to her, beckoning her forward. She felt frightened, as well as confused... His behaviour was calmer than he usually would when they interacted.

Keeping her mouth shut, she began walking towards the male, anxiety overpowering the anger she felt, scared of what he might do. She knew Wrath said he'd be with her to be protected, and she did believe him, yet doubt still hasn't left her, as she only had met him officially yesterday. And so she was left to her own devices, For now.

As she stood steps away from the man she despise, silence stilled the room. She hadn't noticed it before but Esmund's eyes were shut, his whole body wavering from his usual stern posture, he looked quite exhausted and vulnerable... she didn't care, to be honest, however, it was a peculiar sight to see.

A few moments had passed, her lips quivering from discomfort, as sweat rolled her temples, the short tranquillity ceased when he finally spoke.

"How are you doing...?"

This took (Y/n) aback, she did not once expect the sentence to escape his mouth, Who was this person? She thought, he seemed like an entirely new being. Her face held utter disbelief yet Esmund couldn't see it as his eyes were still shut. His breath was even as though he was in a deep sleep. Nevertheless, the said (h/c) haired female, answered.

"F-f-fine" she stuttered, although her voice was small, she still felt like it echoed the whole room

"I see..." he stayed in his rested position for a few moments, yet in the duration of it, (Y/n) was increasingly feeling disquieted, despite being on the ready for her 'sudden doom', the suspense still felt unbearable. She could feel tears forming in her eyes once more from the amount of pressure she felt just by being in the presence of the very man she despises, only blinking it away once he finally spoke.

"I arranged you with an appointment to a Psychiatrist," he started in a very soft-spoken voice, it was as if all traces of malice within him didn't exist, "You are to be escorted by one of my new assistants, be ready tomorrow by 9:30..." he ended as he sighed deeply.

She couldn't think clearly, Somehow finding it hard to process what he had just said making her only nod her head before quickly wobbling away seeing as he had fallen asleep judging by his obnoxiously loud snore.

--

"here you go muffin~" Wrath said in a singsong voice as he handed (y/n) a bottle of water. After her confrontation with her 'Father', she immediately walked up to her bedroom, completely forgetting her mission to hydrate herself. Wrath deadpanned at this, only to raise his brow when (Y/n) explained what had happened. "So, You're going to therapy?"