Chapter 9

Izzy and I proceeded to search all of the stores we had been in and were planning on going in to for the perfect formal dress for me to meet Jace in. It had to be flattering but also for over my baby bump comfortably. With my small build most of the maternity dresses did not fit right, but the regular dresses weren't comfortable. After searching for nearly an hour we found one dress that seemed to meet both my standards for comforts and Izzy's standards for style. It was a midnight blue with a minty green sash. It distinguished my curves making me look like a woman not the scrawny pregnant sixteen year old girl that I usually appear to be.

--➰--

It's a few minutes until I'm scheduled to meet Jace. Izzy left my hair down but arranged it elegantly and made my wild curls presentable. For makeup, she did some simple eyeliner and lipgloss. Just the way Jace likes me to look.

I walk down the hall to the elevator, but to my surprise Jace was waiting there for me with flowers in his hand. They're tiger lilies. My favorite type of flower. I can't help but run over and give him a hug. He was just as surprised to see me as I was to see him, but he quickly opened up his arms and hugged me tight. I started crying on his nice white shirt, which got some mascara and eyeliner right in the center.

When I finally let go of him, I could fully see the stain on his expensive white dress shirt. It was impossible to miss after all. He looked down and saw the very stain I was staring at, "Well, I guess we're not going out tonight!" Jace replied.

"C'mon Jace I got all dress up for this!"

"Well I can't go out like this," Jace responded, "Anyway you're makeup is a mess and I'm pretty sure half of it is on my shirt... no offense."

"It's okay. I guess we'll just have to stay in. Let's go back to your room."

"Hey... Clary... I-I-I'm sorry I yelled at you this morning."

"It's okay. I should have listened to you. It was reckless and irresponsible of me to not think of safety."

"I still should have trusted you."

At that I turned and kissed him right on the lips. I couldn't listen to him blaming himself for things that weren't even his fault. He resisted the kiss at first but slowly he opened up and the kisses grew deeper. Slowly he moved his lips down to kiss my neck and chest. He pinned me against the wall our bodies so close it's like we could be one. I wrapped my legs around his waist and started to unbutton his shirt.

"I thought you were going out for dinner," Izzy stated almost amused. She had crept up on us and was leaning against the wall. We just giggled a little. I looked into his eyes and he stared back into mine. I couldn't resist but plop another kiss right on his lips then whispered in his ear, "We should go in..."

Jace didn't really respond but instead carried me into his room and plopped me down on his bed. We kissed for a little bit longer, then got into PJs, then kissed some more. After a little while I fell asleep in Jace's arms and he fell asleep shortly after.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Authors Note:
Sorry for not updating for so long. I've been busy with sports and friends and everything. I hope you like this update. I'm sorry it's kind of short and not that good. The pic is Clary's dress. I hope you like this update! Thank you for reading!