Chapter 3

After enjoying Alec's breakfast Isabelle and I left for our girls day. No one even asked where we were going. I may have found that suspicious before but there's no time for worrying.

Soon Izzy and I are at the drug store. She buys the pregnancy test and I rush to the bathroom. It's sad to think I'll find out if I'm pregnant in the rundown dug store bathroom but I can't risk Jace barging in on me, so this is the best bet.

I leave the bathroom and Izzy is waiting there right at the door.

"What is it?!" she asked in an excited, but nervous whisper.

"Positive."

"Oh, Clary, I'll do anything to help you... don't worry about it. Jace'll love it. Ohh, everything will be fine," Isabelle assures me in her comforting voice.

I can feel the tears welling in my eyes, but I can't cry. What would the guys think if I came home crying? But I can't help it and as soon as I get in the car tears start to roll down my cheeks. Isabelle tells me something but I can't here it. The cab starts moving again, but we aren't going back to the Institute. I guess Izzy has other plans for her and the crying mess that is me.

A few minutes later, the car stops, we are at the local spa. I've been here a few times before, but I don't remember the last time, though. I'm pretty sure it was with Simon as a joke, but pondering on parts of my former mundane life is useless, so I open my door after straightening up a bit and head inside the spa. It's hectic inside: the chitchat of workers and patients, people scurrying hither and thither, and the machines hard at work.

"Two mani pedis, please!" Isabelle requests, snapping me out of my thoughts. I jump a bit surprised, but no one seems to notice. I'm a hot mess today.

----➰----

After the nail treatment was over, we had to head back to the Institute. How could I tell Jace? What if he doesn't even want the baby? He isn't too fond of children who don't adore him. Izzy spots my panic as the cab draws closer to the Institute.

"Clary. You'll be fine. Don't worry Jace'll love the baby. He would do anything for you!" Isabelle says in a concerned whisper.

"What should I do though? I have no idea what to say or anything!" I whisper yell not wanting the cabbie to overhear my dilemma. I almost lose it again, but I feel Izzy's hand on my back and see the Institute draw closer into view. The cab will be stopping any second then we'll have to walk the rest of the way.

"You'll be perfectly fine," Izzy whispers into my ear. I don't know how true that statement is but that's all I have.

----➰----

It's after dinner and I pull Jace from the group and into his room. It's neat as usual, but it doesn't quite seem the same. It doesn't seem right. I can't back out of this though. I have to do it.

"Jace..."

"What? Babe, no matter what it is I'll always love you!"

I can see him sense the concern in my voice and I search into my power to make out the words clearly.

"I'm pregnant," I spurt out and all I hear is silence.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Authors Note:
Thanks for reading! I updated quick this time but I probably won't be continuing to update this quickly. Comment if you find any problems or if there's something you don't like and I'll try to fix it as I go farther into the story. Anyway thank you so much for reading!!!!