Chapter 4

Jace just sits there dumbfounded. I start to turn around and run away, but Jace stops me before I get to his door. He turns me around and draws me into a warm, tight hug. At first I just stand there but once I realize he isn't mad I fall into his warm arms.

"You know I love you, Clary. Why did you think I'd be mad?" Jace whispered in my ear.

"I don't know," I say through tears. Jace is stroking my hair to try to comfort me.

"Well, I will always love you. And I will love our baby."

"But Jace I'm only sixteen and your only seventeen. How could we possibly raise a child by ourselves?"

"I don't know how we've done many things, but I'll do whatever I can to make sure our baby has the best life possible."

--➰--

Today my mom and Luke are returning from their honeymoon. I'll be staying back in my house now so I'll miss having Jace sleeping right next to me every night.

My mom doesn't know I've been staying in the same room as Jace at the Institute, but she won't be finding out either. I was supposed to be staying at the Institute anyway, so there wouldn't be any suspicions raised.

Luke's truck pulls up in front of the house and I can just feel butterflies twirling all around in my stomach. I know I should tell her I'm pregnant, but I can't break up their happiness. They're at the front door now and I haven't even moved. I force myself into action opening the door as my mom is just pulling out her keys.

I give Luke and my mom both big hugs. They say how much they missed me and I say how much I missed them and how I'm glad their back. It's probably mostly lies about how glad we are to be back together as a family again, but missing my mom and Luke was not a lie. I helped them with their luggage and other little things a good daughter would do.

"So, Clary, what did you do while we were gone?"

My stomach knotted immediately and I forced out the words, "Nothing at all..."

"Really it doesn't sound like nothing," my mom says almost jokingly, but it had a more serious undertone.

"No really nothing happened," I responded almost immediately.

"Hey! I'm hungry lets go get some food. That good with you two?" Luke interrupted, saving me from more interrogation.

"Yeah, that sounds good!" I respond.

"Sure let's go. Luke I imagine you have somewhere in mind," my mom says questioningly.

"Yes of I have somewhere in mind. Now let's go before I starve to death," Luke responds and we all head into his car for lunch.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Author's Note:
Sorry for taking so long to update I was busy and I was trying to find a way to incorporate more characters without forcing characters into situations I don't picture them in. Okay sorry for boring you with that author's note. Anyway thank you so very much for reading and comment any questions, concerns, constructive criticism, etcetera.

-rileyalexander404