1. Inmate 348531

Austin Silver POV

"Just do it, no more fucking excuses!" I whisper harshly into the phone as my roommate Danny keeps an eye out for guards.

Carlos sighs. "Yes boss, I will get it done at all costs." He promises as I rub my forehead stressfully.

"By the way, the number for the new supplier, I got it, do you want it now?" Carlo says and I grunt out.

Fucking hell, do I have to do everything myself? "Just fucking give it to me." I snap out, grabbing a piece of paper and a pencil.

Shit, this pencil is fucked, just my god damn luck. Carlos gives me the number and I write it down before the pencil gets too blunt to write with, it's going to have to do, it's barely readable but I don't trust these fuckers on the outside to handle my business with the proper results.

"We got company!" My roommate Danny says as he hints towards the hall.

I hang up on Carlos as I hear a gate opening, immediately hiding my phone behind the loose brick in the wall of my cell. Roll call is now and I was lucky enough to phone Carlo as texting takes too long to get a reply back, and I need my problem fixed yesterday, not today.

What a fucking mess Carlos and Russo put me in.

"PRISONER 348531, show some hands!" A guard calls out as I turn around and put my hands behind my back, walking backward to the bars as the guard puts cuffs on me.

Danny gives me a look and I shake my head.

"What's going on?" I ask the guard and he looks at me with a smirk, meaning the boss wants to see me.

"Warden wants a word with you shithead, what else?" He says, grabbing me and pushing me out into the hall.

What I wouldn't give to beat this fucker to a pulp. He thinks the uniform protects him in here against us, against me, nothing protects him from me in here, I rule this prison, the fact that this newbie guard hasn't gotten that in his head yet is dangerous.

I give the newbie a week before someone stabs him.

I need to text that number as soon as I get back to my cell, I need that shipment passed or it's going to make a lot of friends suddenly question my position as boss around here.

Prison is faithful to no one, you either show what you got or get your ass chewed out for wasting time, I don't waste time. As much as people fear me in here, it doesn't protect me from everyone in here, I have made a lot of enemies to get to where I am in here, there are plenty of guys in here wanting a piece of me.

As we walk down the hall, past the cells, I see prisoners catcall the new guard and it makes me grin when the guard pales, his eyes staring wildly at the men that we pass. He has no clue what he signed up for.

This is a max prison, housing the worst of the worst, you only get in here by taking another life, one way or another, this is the endgame, no one leaves here unless you're in a body bag.

"EYY FISH, how about you let me welcome you ey?" A prisoner yells out as others whistle.

"Fishy fishy!" The whole cellblock hollas out as a guard pings open the gate for the guard escorting me.

Fucking idiots, but it's a ritual to scare the fresh meat, we do it with new inmates too. Establishing dominance here will keep you alive, prison is a ruthless, unforgiving, and deadly place.

Especially when you're in this prison, Crowshore Max.

The warden of this place is a real piece of shit, addicted to gambling, girls, and drugs, while on the outside he has a family with children, friends, and family and a fucking dog, a picture-perfect life, no one knowing his true face. Good for my business, not good for me in the long run, sooner rather than later I'm going to have to get rid of him.