5. Happy Surprise

Rose Clark POV

Today has been a wild rollercoaster of emotions, I feel sick and giddy all at once.

It all started after I had dropped Max off at school. 

It was like any other day other than I had just lost my job this morning so I had time to take Max to school. Then my plan was to go straight home and look for a job, but I needed to buy another new skirt from the thrift store for possibly interviews, like the one I had, now has a big hole in from catching it on the end of a table whilst I was at work in the diner.

I needed to go to the bank and withdraw some money but the bank was closed.. so I had no choice but to use an ATM near the bank, but it charged me to use my card, which I really wanted to avoid, already being so low on cash, I needed to save every penny I had left.

I felt like I was having a stroke when I went to check my balance, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a large amount of money in my bank, I have never seen so much money in my life.

As I was staring at the large sum of money, exactly 50,000 thousand, I couldn't help but think of all the things I could do for Max with this money, especially since I noticed I didn't have a single dime left in my name.

This had to be a mistake though, it has to be, perhaps the bank put it in my account by accident? 

I decided to wait until the bank opened in an hour, I strolled around and window gazed at all the nice clothes that were currently in fashion, thinking how lovely it would be to actually afford shoes that fit me properly and ones that weren't second hand.

Max could really use a haircut too.. I could finally afford it, maybe new shoes, tops, and trousers.. I can finally treat him to something he has always wanted to eat, his first takeaway, Sushi! I can do so much with this money, I just pray it wasn't a mistake, and somewhere, someone is watching over me.

The bank opens after a nice walk in the park and around town, something I haven't had the pleasure of doing since me and Max finally got a place within the city. 

I was the first customer in the bank, I can tell my presence being here so early made a few people glance my way, but I had to find out and figure where the hell this money came from.

I walk up to the man behind the glass and he smiles warmly at me. "Good morning, how can I help you today?" He asks and I smile back.

"I seem to be having some issues with my account, uh, could you perhaps look into it?" I ask nervously as I hand my card through the glass.

He looks up at me and smiles politely as he takes my card. "Sure, what would you like to know?" He asks.

"I received a large sum of money last night and I was wondering if it's some mistake.. I just.. I'm confused about where it came from, I have never had this problem.. I don't know.. um, if you could tell me that would be awesome, thank you." I babble on and the man laughs and smiles up at me as he types on the PC.

"Well, it says here you got a 50 thousand check, it's not a mistake, would you like to see who it came from?" He asks and I nod shyly as I shift on my feet, nervously.

He hums then frowns. "Ah, I can't. You see, someone has given you this anonymously online, it's legal but also untrackable." He says, sliding my card back through the glass and I take it, putting it back into my purse.

I frown and bite my nail, looking at the man. "So it's mine?" I ask, clarifying. 

The man laughs and nods his head. "Yes, 100% yours, whoever gave you this money is no doubt a very generous person."