Bonus Chapter

"Austin, hand me that wrench on the table."

Picking up the wrench, I bend down and hand it to my dad, whose underneath a beat-up car that was in a crash.

"Can you fix it?" I ask curiously as I watch his hand moving the wrench. "It looks ready for the scrapyard."

My dad hums as the sound of metal clangs. "Of course, I can fix anything. Who do you think you're talking to kid." He says with smugness in his voice.

I roll my eyes and then check the time on the wall in the shop. "Shit!"

"Watch your tongue boy." My dad warns.

"What will your mother say if she heard you say such foul language, you little shit." He mumbles out.

Snorting, I shake my head knowing he's the reason I do it, after being in the garage my whole life, I picked up all of the words from my dad and the workers.

I pick up my bag knowing I'll be late if I don't go now, the school bus leaves in 5 minutes, and it's going to take me 5 minutes to run there.

"I'm gonna be late, see you later pops!" I rush out, running out of the shop.

"Don't forget to pick up milk after school!" He yells out.

Milk... like I would forget!

I manage to make it to the bus just as it was closing the doors when I get on my best friend instantly give me shit for it.

"Late again? This has to be a new record." Ryan says laughing as I sit down next to him.

"Fuck off, I made it didn't I."

"What's the reason now then?" He asks.

Shrugging, I grab a drink from my bag. "Old man needed some help."

Sighing, Ryan shook his head. "Why doesn't he just let you work? You fix cars better than he does." He says nudging me.

"My mom wanted me to graduate." I shrug. "Dad won't let me do shit until I have 'proved myself to him."

"It's total bullshit."

Ryan laughs. "Hey man, did you hear about Jessica?" He asks and I shake my head. "She's into you, my friend Randall overheard her 'lusting' after you."

I roll my eyes and snort. "In her dreams."

Jessica is the school's most 'beautiful girl' but in reality, she's nothing more than a cling, always following the next best thing.

She's been clinging to me since I came here, and how long has that been? Four? Five years?

"All I'm saying man, is some guys would kill to get with her." 

"So kill me, I'd rather die than be stuck with a chick like that." I say, looking outside as the school bus stops outside the school.

Following me, Ryan laughs. "Careful what you wish for, some guys are crazy."

Ignoring him, I get off the bus and walk towards the school with Ryan.

Everyone here wants to be here but me, I'd rather be in the shop fixing cars, but if I could just hold on another two years I can prove to the old man I got what it takes.

I just need that piece of fucking paper to prove I'm worthy in his eyes to help run the garage.

I see Jessica with her friends before due see me, so I take a turn in the opposite direction and the long way to my classroom.

Ryan sighs. "You've got it bad." He laughs. "Keep treating girls like that and you'll end up alone."

I don't need a girl to feel happy, I have my dad and cars, why would I need some girl to decide my mood?