19. New world

Rose Clark POV

I hold onto Austin's warm hand and keep it close to my lips, saying another prayer for him as I listen to the sound of the machine beeping beside me.

It's just me in the room with him today.

He has been in a coma for a week now, with no sign of waking up any time soon, the doctors do not know when he will wake up but they assure me that he has no brain damage or internal damage, he's just resting, and he will wake up.

That is what they said a week ago.

So much has happened in the past week, I am mentally and physically drained from the amount of change that has happened within my life ever since the explosion in the abandoned factory, mine and Max's life was flipped upside down and turned around, nothing has been the same since I got out of there with Max.

What happened that day still haunts me, I have not been able to sleep or look at myself in the mirror from what I did, the face of the man comes to me in my dreams and follows me as I wake ever since that day.

Ever since I killed a man before he could kill me.

***

One week ago, inside the factory.

I muffle a scream for help once Daisy, the sister of Angel leaves the room and heads outside to join her crazy sister. 

I had heard the name Austin Silver and could not hold my voice in any longer, even gagged I hoped and prayed he could hear me, so he could find me and Max.

Once I knew he couldn't, I knew I had to get out of this, I knew that they wouldn't be gone long if things go wrong, I didn't want to think about anything happening to Austin, but right now my main concern was getting Max out of here and somewhere safe.

I did not care if I were to live or die at that moment, as long as Max was safe, I would do anything.

A painful scream erupted out of me as I felt my thumb break and bend as I pull and shake my hands free from the tight thick ropes that bind my hands together behind the chair, even with my eyes filled with fresh tears and new pain goes through me, I could not dwell on the pain.

I move my sore shaking hands from behind my back and bend to undo the rope tied to my legs, not before removing the bind around my mouth that was put there to keep me quiet, once removing the binds from my arms and legs I stand to hurriedly rush towards Max.

My legs weak from being sat and bound for hours made me stumble and trip as I hurriedly made my way towards Max. "You're okay, you're safe, we are getting out of here okay?" I say shakingly as I put my bravest face on as I speak softly as I can to Max.

He nods his small head, eyes filled with tears, he has a small bruise on his face from where Angel had whacked him to stop him from screaming once they had shoved us into a van, he was too small to go through this, I was a bad sister for not being able to do more.

He is my only living family and I couldn't protect him, but I can now, I can get him out of here.

"R-Rose, i-it hurts." Max cries out softly as I unbind his hands, fresh blood from how tight the rope was now fresh on his wrists.