7. New opportunities

Rose Clark POV

A knock at the door wakes me up, the loud banging stirs Max in my arms as I look at the time on my phone from the bedside table.

My eyes are blurry but it says it's currently 5 AM, and it's Saturday.

I get up from the bed without trying to move too much and wake Max up, he had another bad night trying to sleep, the nightmares are back and once they return, it's almost impossible to calm him down and get him to sleep.

I grab my robe and put it on, wrapping it around my body as I close the bedroom door and head towards the front door.

I look through the peephole and see a man dressed in a very expensive-looking suit, he has tattoos visible on his neck and on his knuckles, his hair is styled to perfection, and if it wasn't for the tattoos... I would be less afraid to open the door.

I keep the chain lock on the door as I open it halfway until I finally see him face to face. "Yes?" I ask, trying not to be too loud and wake any of my neighbors.

The man stands up tall and smiles politely at me. "Good morning Miss, I'm sorry for the early visit but I came with documents to do with the job offer you received." He says, hinting at the file in his hand.

I stare at him perplexed, what is he talking about? "I'm not sure what you mean Sir. I already have a job.." I state confused.

He smiles handsomely. "I work for Austin Si- Sullivan, can I come in and explain the offer in full detail, Miss Clark?" He says politely and I blink at him utterly confused.

Austin Sullivan? The Austin that I have been speaking to? Just who the hell does this guy think he is, showing up at 5 in the morning for a job interview.

I wrap my dressing gown around me tighter and sigh. "Um, look I don't want to seem rude.. I just don't know Austin that well.. and I don't even know you.. this is just all.." I mumble out, not sure how to say this.

The man shakes his head and smiles. "I understand, I'm a stranger, here is my ID." He says, holding up an ID that says Lawyer and his name 'David Garcia'. It seems all very legit so I nod at him wearily.

"How about this, I leave this file with you and if all is good, I will come by later and we can discuss it in more detail and then we can go from there, how does that sound?" He offers and I think that would be the best cause of action, even if I know his name now, I feel weird about letting him inside my home with my little brother here.

I nod my head and take the file from him as he holds it out through the gap in the door. "It was nice meeting you, this is my card." He says handing me a small piece of paper with his details on it, with his personal and office number. "You can ring me on this number here once you've read through, ok?" He says and I nod and give a small smile.

"Um, yeah, thank you very much, and sorry it's just you know.." I mumble and he waves me off.

"Nonsense, I get it. I'll be waiting for your call Miss Clark, have a good morning." He says smiling politely before he turns and leaves until I can no longer see him from the gap in the door.

I shut the door and lock it once again and look at the file, what the hell is going on?

I move to the kitchen and make myself a cup of tea, while I wait for the water to heat up I open the folder and begin to read the contents inside.

The first thing I see is an NDA inside, why would this be here, isn't this a job? Who the hell is Austin Sullivan and why would I need to sign a non-disclosure agreement?