Vincenzo

(This contains spoilers to the kdrama series Vincenzo. You were warned.)

His screams of terror ripped my heart apart as I could do nothing as of now, only wait. It had been foolish of me to hide as he told me to, but look at what happened. The man I love will be tortured to death, and I can't even save him before he's too gone to be saved.

Although taking him out would solve our problems and fulfill our revenge, I know I am no match. My hold tightens around the Glock as his footsteps pass outside the room I'm hiding.

"Just shoot me! Kill me now!" I hear him plead, and my heart races, begging for time to go faster so I can save him. His footsteps come to a halt, and for a moment, I think he noticed my presence. However, when I hear something fall on the ground, I sigh in relief that it is not the case. The footsteps resume after long seconds, and once he is far away, I hear gurgling and pained screams.

Once I'm sure he is out of the building, I run for it. Down the corridor, I turn right and see Han-Seok tied to a medical-looking chair with a drill digging into his chest. I freeze for a fraction of a second, horrified how he set up his torture.

That cruel man. Disgusting Mafia!

I waste no more precious time and run to him. Han-Seok's eyes are closed in pain as the point of the drill caves his sternum and blood flow down. I take my knife from my pocket and quickly cut the ropes on his ankles and the ones on his chest.

"I'm here. You're safe," I cry in despair as his pain only increases.

"Yu-Ri? Help me!" He is cut off by more gurgling and makes blood seep out his bloody mouth. Once I finally free him, I stand up once again, only then taking in his state. He is covered in blood, loads of it; his blood. The machine finally stops, but the blood coming out doesn't.

"Stay still," I let go of my knife and raise my gun at the drill. The sound of gunfire is deafening, but I push the ringing in my ears aside and watch the torture device fall on his lap and down on the ground. "I need to get you somewhere to take care of you," My hands press on the wound on his chest to stop more bleeding.

"You came," His breathing slows down once he realizes his torture is over. "I told you-" More gurgles. "To stay hidden," This is the worst time for my cheeks to flush, but his first coherently formulated words are worried ones.

"If I did, I don't think I would've found you, much less your body," A humorless, sad chuckle leaves my lips while my free hand rips a part of my shirt. "Can you stand up?" He nods repeatedly; his mind lost in pain. "Come one; I'll take you to people that can help."

"No, not the hospital. I'm a wanted criminal," I pull him to stand up and place his arm over my shoulder, so he leans on me.

"It's not a hospital. I promise you these are people I trust," He doesn't say anything further, and we limp our way through the back entrance, where I parked my car. Han-Seok lays down on the back seat while I rush to the driver's seat and start the car. As I drive as fast as possible without catching unwanted attention, especially from the police, I hear him wail and cry in pain and anger. "We are almost there, Oppa."

Five minutes later, we arrived at our destination. It's a shady-looking building on the outside but elegant and organized on the inside. Men in black suits help Han-Seok out of the car as I follow them closely behind. He is taken to one of the medical rooms for immediate treatment, easing my racing heart.

Guards keep me out of the room so the doctors can properly take care of him. I have no problem with that, only with the fact that I can't hold his hand to reassure him he is going to live and that the worst has passed.