Decepticons & Deceptions I

The morning sun peaked between the window crack, making its way between the ragged curtain that covers it. The cool breeze that accompanies it would only last for a brief hour before the sun's heat became too much. The Namibian heat is not known to be forgiving.

The ride is bumpy, for there are no paved roads that lead to the middle of nowhere, we are heading. Yet, thankfully it was slow enough not to make the holes and bumps unbearable, allowing me to take enough hours of crucial sleep. The past couple of days consisted of being awake for long hours, running about for errands. The ride stops, and I sit up.

"We are here," Megatron's deep voice announces. My eyes are still full of sleep, so I try and rub it off right before the door opens. The bright light from the sun pours inside the dusty cabin and blinds me for a few seconds. I put my shoes back to, then stumble out, bending my knees at the high fall. The camp is a minute away from walking, so I begin heading there, and once I am at a safe distance, Megatron transforms.

The camp consists of many barrels scattered around with other cut or bent pieces of junk and metal. Some things are on fire, producing unpleasant smoke. Three poles are used to hang a large piece of cloth as a makeshift tent.

A small transformer rushes over towards me with his wobbly gait. Igor always made sure to greet me as soon as he sees me, and I adore him for that.

"Flower is back!" I smile and imitate his wobble in a friendly manner. He laughs like all the other times. From behind me, I hear Megatron growl, scaring the nearby wildlife as he asserts his dominance. Igor's attention is then all on Megatron. "My master! Yes, master! Yes!" He is always so happy to see his master like the good pet Megatron treats him as, better than one would think. He takes pity on the small thing, and with such loyalty, he doesn't mind Igor's presence and praise.

I sit down on a rolled-over barrel close to the crying hatchlings.

"Poor babies, so hungry," I say in a baby-like voice at the Cybertronian hatchlings. They all look the same for they are too young to take a desired form. It will be long before they are able to do that, however. Megatron approaches and also takes a seat on the other side of the crying hatchlings.

"Fleshing, grab me something to feed them," A term that, when referring to other humans, is full of disgust, has grown on me and on him. There is no malice behind it, but also because of the other nickname he uses only when alone. I shared my discomfort when others were around, not wanting him to look weak in front of them. I get up from my seat and grab a sizable piece of cardboard and scoop grinded-down metal on top, then I take it over to him, placing it on top of a barrel.

I return to my place to sit in silence when the familiar sound of a jet engine nears. In a handful of seconds, Starscream transforms from an F-22 Raptor to his bipedal form, shaking the ground with his rough landing. I can feel an eye roll about to happen right before he speaks, as well as see the invisible annoyance that rolls out of Megatron.

"Oh, my poor master! How it pains me to see you so wounded, so weak," Starscream does his usual flattery, his poor attempt to get into Megatron's nonexistent soft side, for it has run out long ago if he ever had one.

"Spare me, you gaseous sycophant," Megatron bites back, not giving an inch. "You know what you are told, which is nothing," Starscream recoils at the harsh truth. I can't help but chuckle at the interaction. Some part of me thinks it's intentional to get on Megatron's bad side and annoy him to no end. And as loyal as Starscream is, between following the Decepticon plan and saving his metallic ass, he will almost certainly choose the latter.

He stares at me as if wanting me to help his case, but I simply laugh and wave him off.

"You asked for it," I giggle when Megatron gives him a harsh glare for trying to farm sympathy from me. I am on good terms with Starscream, but no matter how many warnings I give him, he still gives a shot at pandering to his boss.