Indoraptor

"What about a pet peeve?"

"People chewing gum."

"Why is that?"

"I hate when I hear their saliva sloshing around while they chew. It just irritates me immensely."

"Can't say it is a pet peeve for me, but it also annoys me."

"Any book recommendations? I've read all of the ones I had at home and can't seem to find any that interests me online."

"I'm not much of a fantasy book fan myself. Instead, I prefer non-fiction if that's okay."

"Of course. Give me names," Dennis, the guy who I've been seeing for the past month, recommends me five books to read after telling me the general plot. Only two caught my interest, but I say I'll check them all out.

He approached me one day while I looked for medicine for one of the cows that had been feeling sick. He took his parrot called, Howard to choose new toys. He was a very docile bird that let me pet his feathers. Then, Dennis and I had a small talk and exchanged numbers as we both had a great interest in exotic animals.

The next day I didn't have to train Archer as it was his day off – something I practically begged for – so I met with Dennis again at a small cafe. He is quite good-looking. He is one of those skinny but fit guys with a visible jawline, cute chubby cheeks, a sharp nose, and a soothing, masculine voice.

We bid goodbye once we finished our lunch, and I left for the Lockwood manor for a weekly checkup on Archer. His personality grew exponentially once he figured out how to turn into a human, just like Levi. Although he is more instinctual and animalistic when in his dinosaur form, he is way too clever for a regular animal. Unfortunately, his ticks and flaws pass on when he is human in the form of bouncing his knee, twitching his head, and scratching himself.

His territorialism turns into jealousy whenever he is human, constantly questioning why I smelled of other males. It took a lot of convincing and a lengthy discussion for him to understand that Damon was my brother, and I'll always smell of him as long as I live with him. He's accepted that fact but still hates it.

No other scientist knows of his ability to change, not even Dr. Wu. Although, the man himself has hinted at his "exceptional intelligence and cognitive abilities."

Archer has also gotten a bit too handsy for the past couple of months and even more for the past month. I feel bad going out with Dennis when I know both of us are interested in each other, but then I go and kiss another man. A man that is not even human.

I plan to put Archer in his place and stop his sly advances on me. He thinks I don't notice his eyes drifting up and down my body, both in human and dinosaur form, but I have a feeling when in his animal form, his feelings are more territorial than lustful.

"Good evening," I greet Dr. Wu as I walk through the lab to get to Archer's cage. The man nods before turning his attention back to the monitor in front of him. He's been quite busy this week, so I just let him be.

The metal stair creeks and clanks as I walk down the steps. I see that there is no staff working at the lower level, so it should give me enough privacy to work with Archer. Both his cage and the area surrounding it are in complete darkness, and Archer doesn't make his presence known. I pass the red line and walk to the side of the cage, hastily opening and closing the two-door security gates.

Inside the cage is total silence, aside from the humming from the ventilation system. I sigh, feeling a bit impatient with having to wait for Archer to make his "grand entrance." So, I take a seat on his makeshift bed, a tough plastic bag with cheap foam inside and a thin blanket to make it soft. I wish I had more say and give him a proper cushion to sleep on, but this is all he gets.