Can't Escape

Like many things in life, it starts perfect, all you wish for, all it was promised. Yet, as it progresses, as time goes by, the true colors start to show. From socialism to relationship, it is always too good to be true... and it was.

The first year of our relationship it was just like those cliche romantic movies. I got all the kisses, all the hugs, cuddles, food, present, and attention I wanted, while also giving it back the best I could. I met his brothers a month after we became official.

They were like him when we first met; odd, cold, sinister, and dark. As time went by, they opened up, just like him. We all became friends. We talked about everything and did everything together, like a family I never had.

And after one year, three hundred and sixty-five days, it all changed. The sweet, caring, and protective man I fell in love with, the one I trusted with all my secrets and my life, the one and only and gentle soul, turned closed, aggressive, cold, and dominant.

It was like dozing off on a Disney movie on the couch, only to wake up and have a horror or suspense movie replay over and over, and no remote to change the channel or turn off the TV. It went on for days, confusing and hurting me to no end.

Had I done something wrong?

It wasn't long when the worst happens. One day his brothers came, completely different from weeks before. It all happened so fast. One minute I was on the couch, watching the morning news, the next minute I was on the bedroom, with all three on top of me.

No sounds left my mouth as it happened, my body was so deep into shock to react. They raped me, used my body as they pleased. All three of them. He obviously was the first one to use me. I so badly wish we made love sooner, when everything was still perfect; when he still loved me.

Once they were done with me, my body was so very weak. Weaker than I thought one would be after sex, almost as if my energy was drained. As soon as the door closed as they left, I blackout. According to the alarm clock, which had the date one it, I was asleep for two days. And during those two days, there was no sign of anyone checking on me, to see if I was still alive.

With little strength I regained, I touched my neck, feeling the skin sticky and stinging every time I made any small movement. There was a wound, a big one, and it hurt to touch, followed by a minuscule wave of warmth and pleasure.

Using the mirror on the wall, I moved my sore body to see what was on my neck. Dried blood slid down my neck to my collar bone and back, soaking the bedsheets. It was covering a tattoo of sorts, one I didn't have before the event. It was a phrase written in fancy writing. I couldn't read it.

With much struggle, noiseless, I limped my way to the bathroom, going to wash my body and try to get rid of the soreness. The horrendous events that transpired have yet to be processed, but my mind doesn't want to recall it.

The tub fills in no time with hot water as I sat inside it, cradling my legs close to my torso. Although my body was sore and hurting, my mind was numb, all emotions were drained from my body along with my innocence.

The warm water lulled my body to sleep, making me stretch my legs and lower underwater to my shoulders. The warm water hugged my body, pulling it lower, all the way under. With my eyes open, the bathroom ceiling looked warped, even more, when my air bubbles surfaced.

Maybe now if I sleep this time it will be dreamless and painless. I might even wake up in heaven. That will be nice.

Just as my lungs started to burn with the lack of fresh air and my vision darkened, the last thing I hear and see is the door smashing open and a dark figure pulling me out of the water.