Part 5

6 months later...

"So... this is Naruto?" I asked, hold a small yellow spikey haired baby boy, that had whiskers on his cheeks and a seal on his stomach.

I returned today and I learned that someone had released Kurama... Minato and Kushina had died protecting Naruto from being killed. Kakashi joined ANBU soon after I left the village. The Uchiha clan was pushed to the outskirts of the village, since the villagers began to suspect that they had something to do with the attack due to their Kekkei Genkai.

"Will I be able to take care of him?" I asked.

"Yes... we were informed that you were his godmother by Kakashi and Kushina right before she died." I held Naruto tighter.

"Thank goodness..." I said, rubbing my thumb on his cheek. "I'll adopt him."

"Understood." Hiruzen pulled out a paper and a pen. "Sign here and he's legally your son." I nodded and signed the paper.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to get some things for me son." I smiled, tearing up a bit. I teleported to my home and sat down on the couch, still holding Naruto close. And pulling the fiery red gem necklace before me. "I'm sorry Kushina, Minato... if I came here sooner maybe I would have been able to calm Kurama."