Part 19

A decade later...

I walked out of the estate and saw Brother Hagoromo and Hamura kneeling before Mother as she once again gazed at the tree.

"Please end the Ritual of the Divine Tree." Brother Hagoromo asked, and I was surprised, I had never thought that he would ask of that. Gamamaru-sensei must have said something to them. I watched from the side, listening to their conversation.

"That's not possible." Mother responded.

"But-!"

"I will not tolerate any defiance even if you are my sons." Mother simply stated when Brother Hagoromo tried to refute. My brothers looked at each other and nodded to one another.

"Then please tell me... What happens to those who go to the Divine Tree as part of the ritual?" I mentally flinched at Brother Hagoromo's question, remembering the sight I saw passed the Peak of Demise. "Why does no one ever return?"

"This ritual is necessary... until the others arrive." Mother stated, without emotion.

""The others?""

"You don't need to know about them just yet." Mother turned her gaze from the tree to my brothers, Brother Hagoromo grinded his teeth. "Hagoromo, Hamura and Ayumi... I am leaving once more. Take care of things in my absence." I kneeled and answered along with my siblings,

"Yes." I stood up and walked to my brothers as they stood where Mother once was and looked at the tree.

"Brother Hagoromo, you intend to climb the peak, right?" I asked, they looked at me shocked.

"Yes, I intend to climb the peak." My brother answered, a look of determination laid upon his face.

"If Mother finds out, you'll get into a great deal of trouble." Brother Hamura warned.

"I'm prepared for the consequences." Brother Hagoromo said. There was a moment of silence before Brother Hamura said,

"Okay, Elder Brother. I'm coming with you." My siblings looked at me and all I could do is give a sad smile.

"I've already seen what lies behind that peak..." They looked at me in shock. "I have no regrets though, it's not like Mother has caught me yet. If anyone asks, I'll hold them off." They hugged me and said their thanks before leaving. I could only look at the tree with great grief as I remembered the dead body of my friend.

Over the past decade, when I was secretly training with Gamamaru, I developed the Mangekyo Sharingon and Rinnegan after I had stabbed said toad when we were training. I thought I had killed him, but in the end, he was still alive after I rushed to healing him in time, thank goodness. A barely visible slit appeared on my forehead and a Rinne Sharingon resided there. I also have complete control over my Dojutsu Kekkei Genkai; the Byakugan, Jogan, Sharingon, and Rinnegan. Even though I have many, as you can tell, my eyes turn back to their original state when I'm not using a Dojutsu. And as for Elemental Kekkei Genkai Jutsu... I've mastered all the elements and created a few of my own like Barrier Ninjutsu.

It was only a few moments later before I decided to tell the servants of the estate that I would be going on a walk. Once I did, I walked into the forest once more and to a pond where Gamamaru-sensei rested at. I sat on my knees and waited for my brothers to come. When they did, I looked at Brother Hagoromo and saw that he had the Sharingon.

"Come out, Gamamaru!" Brother Hagoromo called. Gamamaru-sensei jumped out of the water and landed on a rock.

"It seems like you went beyond that peak..." My brothers only mournfully nodded. Gamamaru-sensei looked at me and nodded, I nodded back at him and stood up. Jumping into the pond and rising out of the water to the Land of Toads. I walked out of the water and saw that Gamamaru-sensei and my brothers coming out of the water as well. Gamamaru-sensei led the way and I followed behind, with my brothers following the both of us. After a little while, Brother Hagoromo asked what the power he was feeling, and Gamamaru-sensei only said he was impressed that a human could feel the power. Then he explained that he was feeling the natural power, known as Sage Power, flows freely in this land and he asked me to show them an example of the use of the power. They looked at me confounded as I lifted one of the stone statues and put it down with a small thump. He said to continue following him and we did. We stopped at the Memory Stone and I stood next to Gamamaru-sensei as he explained what it does. Then he told us the story of the Divine Tree and Mother. Afterward, Brother Hagoromo asked questions about Mother and unfortunately, I had asked the same years ago and he given the same answers to me. He had no idea and only made a guess as to where she was from, but he did make one thing clear, since the tree had rooted, the Nature Energy of this land is being depleted and that it isn't just the land, but the people too.

"Sister Ayumi, why didn't you tell us sooner of this?" Brother Hamura asked.

"I... I thought that if I had told you when we were younger, you would only brush it off and say it was only a nightmare. And I thought that you would tell Mother that I had disobeyed her." I said, looking away from them. I felt hands grab my own and saw that they were looking at me not with anger or disappointment but with caring loving eyes.

"We must speak with Mother." Brother Hagoromo concluded.

"Will she even listen to us?" Brother Hamura asked.

"Hagoromo, your mother's power is immense. I doubt that you can confront her directly." Gamamaru crossed his arms. "Even if you are her son."

"Gamamaru, will you teach me how to use Sage Power?" Brother Hagoromo asked.

"Elder Brother! You're not planning to fight Mother, are you?!" Brother Hamura asked. Then for a few minutes they continued to converse, until Gamamaru started to talk about a dream, no, prophecy about my brothers battling Mother. When they questioned about the end of the dream, Brother Hagoromo pointed out that he probably didn't see the end and that's why Gamamaru-sensei was so nervous. I only sweat dropped at the sight of Gamamaru-sensei panicking.

Me and Brother Hamura said our good-byes and left the Land of the Toads. I went back to the estate, while my brother went on patrol.