Part 16

It was a few hours before we came back to the village, Naruto being placed in the hospital due to his injury he caused on his arm. I had to apologize to Yamato and Kakashi for disappearing on them at the end of the mission. Also, I was told by Jiraiya to pack me and Naruto's items... we were going on a training trip to help Naruto develop a safer new jutsu.

So currently, I'm at home packing me and Naruto's items in two scrolls, this time not too big and not too small. I heard Naruto come home mumbling about going a hot spring. I could only laugh a little, not thinking at the time he was being serious.

The very next day we started our journey, walking to a hot spring. To be honest, I didn't expect us to go there in the first place. On the way there, we went to a dango shop. While I was eating, Jiraiya was flirting with the waitress  and Naruto was like why? We continued our journey after I dragged Jiraiya by the ear and out of the shop.

When we finally arrived at the hot spring the first thing, I did was check out a shared room (1 main room and two bedrooms) of the hotel, while Jiraiya and Naruto immediately headed to the hot springs. I joined them when I had dropped off my things in my room.

I was finally at the hot springs, covering myself in a towel and dipping myself in the hot water. I spent probably an hour before I left. I headed back to the room and overheard Naruto asking Jiraiya if he had gotten stronger. I stopped myself from entering and kept listening, a small smiled formed on my face. I finally walked in and joined Jiraiya in drink sake.

The next morning Jiraiya started Naruto's training while I went back to the hot springs. This continued for many days until, one day Jiraiya had asked me to join them in watching Naruto's training. So I did and I had the best laughs, in years. I had to use genjutsu on everyone so they wouldn't see but tears were streaming down my face as I watched Naruto sing and dance with a yellow toad. He was so carefree, the toad that is.

It took me a while before I was able to stop, and once I did, I released the genjutsu placed on everyone. I saw Jiraiya go to Naruto and break him a popsicle with him. Naruto, being him, fell asleep after eating it. I walked over to Jiraiya as he was talking to the frogs, once he was done talking to them, he approached me and said,

"Lady Ayumi, I'm currently on an information collecting mission. Do you want to join me?" I smirked.

"Sure, it's not like I have anything better to do. Let me get my stuff and we can go." I teleported to the hotel room, got the scroll holding my stuff and quickly teleported back. Jiraiya still waiting for me. "Let's get going." Then we walked off, letting Naruto sleep away in the field.

A few days later... we were drinking tea at a small shop by a flower field and Jiraiya was writing a letter to Tsunade. I walked up behind him and read the letter.

"Make sure to inform Tsunade I'm joining you on this mission... don't want her freaking out if she all of the sudden learns I'm on it too." I joke, but Jiraiya had a sip of his tea and wrote something on the scroll and I read it, he really was writing down that I was joining him on the mission. I pulled out a scroll of my own and handed it to Jiraiya. "Hope you don't mind, but can you send this along with your message, it's for Naruto."

"Sure." He smiled softly and took the scroll out of my hand.

In another few days, we were hiking on the mountains, high enough where the clouds were below us and you could see the sunrise. It was cold at time, but we managed. In the end, Jiraiya isn't a terrible man, but a wise one. We slowly became close friends, though our relationship wasn't as close as it was with Tsunade. It was nice and relaxing, we visited villages to see if they had any information, but we also took breaks at the villages' hot springs... though I had to keep kicking Jiraiya out because he kept peeping at me and the women in the springs. Eventually, I went to a bookstore and bought all five of Jiraiya's books, though said man kept teasing me nonstop.