Part 15

In the middle of the night...

I dressed into my outfit and put my grey cloak on, placing my hat on my head. Making sure I was supplied with everything I needed for the mission. I teleported myself to the top of the front gate and saw that Tsunade was confronting Asuma's team below.

"There are only three of you. A unit should have four members--!" Tsunade was interrupted by Kakashi as stood from the gate's pole.

"It's fine if there five, right?"

"Kakashi what are you talking about five?" Tsunade asked. "You know I can't leave the village."

"I mean, that's including Ayumi if she was planning on joining, right?" Kakashi close eye smiled while I smirked. I jumped down from my spot-on top of the gate and landed next to Kakashi.

"Yup! I'm coming along and Tsunade, no matter how hard you try they'll go anyways." I spoke. Kakashi added that we'll watch over them and whispered something to Tsunade about making sure they don't go overboard. Then Tsunade looked at Shikamaru, Ino and Choji and sighed. Giving up and said they could go. Then Shikamaru asked about Naruto and Kakashi showed his bandaged arm. He explained that Naruto didn't need him any longer and that he has a captain already. Then we left, running to the forest.

Once we were in the forest far away from the village, Kakashi asked to hear Shikamaru's plan. Then he us that the plan will change a little bit because of me and Kakashi. He started that the plan is divided into scenarios, so we should listen well.

When he was done, Shikamaru handed a small capsule to Kakashi and told him to use it when he has an opening. Kakashi complimented Shikamaru for being able to adjust and create a new plan so quickly. Shikamaru reminded us that we should simulate the scenarios into our heads a few times.

We stood up and started the first step; to find their trail.

Right before we left, I feel to the ground coughing up blood. Damn it, they took Matatabi.

"Ayumi-sensei! What's wrong." Ino cried, kneeling next to me. I finally stopped coughing up blood.

"I'm fine." I spoke.

"Ayumi-sensei maybe you should head back if you're not in good health." Choji started.

"I said I'm fine." I stood up and wiped the blood off my mouth. First Kokou, then Chomei, next Shu-chan and finally Matababi... damn it! We went to the place where they battled to but couldn't find their trail because of the rain. But Shikamaru concluded that they'll head towards the Leaf Village to get Naruto, and Kakashi asked how were going to find them.

Shikamaru said that, and Ino used her mind jutsu on a hawk and used it to find the Akatsuki members.

We waited for her to wake up, but when she did, she gasped in shock. She explained that they were using a different route and that in ten minutes we'll run into them. Kakashi told us,

"Let's go." Then we slowly got into place getting ready to attack.

Only a few minutes later, did we see them and started our plan.

It was a thirty minutes later, at first Shikamaru had Shadow Possession on both Hidan and Kakuzu, but Kakuzu managed to escape it. Shikamaru used his Shadow Possession to control Hidan and make him attack his fellow immortal partner. Choji attacked Kakuzu from above but it did not do damage. Said Akatsuki explained that physical attacks won't work on him. But then Kakashi used Chidori on Kakuzu, stabbing him from behind. Shikamaru still had possession over Hidan. I watched this happen from my spot in the tree.

Kakuzu released his masks on from his back, though one immediately died because Kakashi had stabbed it. Hidan then used his scythe and attacked Kakashi in a one-on-one battle. The Kakuzu used the Wind Mask to cast Pressure Damage, a wind style jutsu... and not only that he attacked Hidan, using his immortality to advantage. I stayed on the branch I was perched on, not even reacting when I got hit heavily by the jutsu. Even so, I remained hidden away to keep with the plan. I was going to jump in though when, Choji and Shikamaru were about to be attacked by a lighting style jutsu, but Kakashi saved them. Ino ran next to them and asked if they were okay.

When I saw that Kakuzu was casting a fire jutsu, I immediately teleported in front of Team Asuma and used Water Wall to protect us from the jutsu. When the fire jutsu ended, I released my own jutsu, Team Asuma was hiding behind the trees. Then Hidan attacked Kakashi, once more. I teleported back to my spot in the tree before Kakuzu noticed I was there in the first place. I saw the team converse about Kakuzu's powers.

Hidan asked an unexpected question whether the village buries their bodies or not. Then Kakuzu insulted Hidan and told him to shut up. Then Hidan insulted Asuma, and Choji, blinded by rage, charged at him, Shikamaru used Shadow Possession on him to stop him and right before he was attacked, Kakashi saved him. Maybe I should interfere? I my head no, I remembered that Kakashi didn't want me to fight until he gave me the signal.

A few minutes later, it got to the point where I was biting myself to keep from attacking before the signal. Stupid Kakashi, why are you making me wait so long? I asked myself, tick marks growing on my face. I glared at Kakashi, irritated that he's making me wait so long. I continued to watch the battle from afar.

I was frustrated that the stupid copy ninja wasn't allowing me to join them in their battle and told me that I should only watch from afar. There was no point in me coming if they don't want me to fight or even be a part of the plan. I jumped next to Kakashi when Kakuzu was about to attack them using the masks but when I appeared, he stopped his attack.

"Why hello, Lady Ayumi, it's a pleasure to see again." Kakuzu greeted. I felt a team approach us, it was team 7. They helped free Ino, Choji and Kakashi from Kakuzu's hold on them.

"Again? Ayumi what is he talking about?" Kakashi asked franticly.

"Oh, so you didn't tell them. How bold of you." Kakuzu taunted. "Do you plan on telling them?"

"Telling us what?" Yamato asked.

"That-" Kakuzu couldn't answer as I summoned Benihime, unsheathed her and cut his arm.

"Shut your mouth, or I'll shut it for you." I threatened, releasing KI.

"Even so, that won't stop me." Kakuzu smirked.

"Sure." It was my time to smirk. Curse Arts: Silent Words I smiled. "Go ahead and tell them, Kakuzu, I'm sure they're eager to hear what you had to say."

"That ------------- Why won't my voice work?! What did you do?!" Kakuzu asked.

"I've just made it impossible for you to talk about my private information. That's all." I smiled.

"Mom!" I skipped to Naruto and gave him a hug after sheathing Benihime. "I can take him on."

"Okay." Kakashi was explaining the enemy to Yamato. Naruto charged and he began his battle. He made a wind base Rasengan using three of shadow clones, it was probably the jutsu that caused Kakashi to have to bandage his arm earlier.

A few minutes later, Naruto tried once more and on the third try of hitting Kakuzu with the Wind Rasengan, he managed to kill him. An immortal. I looked at Naruto as he was being held up by Choji and Ino was applying first aid on him. I headed to Kakashi and punched his arm.

"That's what you get for making me wait, idiot."  Kakashi only nervously laughed at my words.