Bad Dreams and Tea

TW: Usual Canon Violence

Loki POV

What Loki expected to wake up to was you. What he certainly didn't expect to wake up to was his room back at the Avengers Compound.

He looked around the room before finally looking at the spot in his bed beside him where you should have been. But the spot was empty and cold.

Was this some kind of dream? Had to be otherwise how does one go from going to bed beside someone in Asgard then to wake up and be back on Midgard. Alone.

He got out of bed and reached for his discarded shirt from the floor and slipped it on followed by a pair of sweats Thor had gotten him when he had first arrived at the compound.

Leaving his room he walked over towards Thor's bedroom door. He brought his hand up and knocked. Nothing but silence. It wasn't until his third knock that he finally heard movement coming from inside and then finally the door cracking open with Thor peeking out.

"Brother. Glad to see you embracing the comfortable clothing." Thor pushed the door open wider taking in his brother's appearance looking him up and down happily.

Loki looked down at himself before looking back up at Thor and rolling his eyes.

"When did we get back from Asgard?"

Thor tilted his head in confusion and furrowed his brows.

"Asgard...? Are you alright? It's been a couple of years since you've been to Asgard."

"A couple of years...? Where's y/n?" Loki smacked away the hand that Thor had been about to put on his shoulder.

"Y/n? Are you sure you're alright Loki? You know Y/n and James moved out of the compound after their honeymoon a few months ago."

Loki's heart dropped realizing that this dream or vision was quickly turning sour.

Without saying another word to Thor he walked away ignoring Thor's calls to him and went straight to the elevator and hitting the button for the living area.

When the elevator came to a stop he could already hear the chatter as the metal door slid open.

Everyone was gathered around the bar area smiling and laughing. The counter was covered in boxes of take-out food and drinks.

Then there you were standing beside Barnes. Your hair was draped over the side of your right shoulder in waves. Wearing a thigh-length dress and Barnes' leather jacket on top.

His breath caught seeing you. You looked genuinely happy and you were almost glowing. Your eyes were shining brighter and your smile more carefree than he had ever seen. The attention in the room seemed to be circulating you and Barnes. Laughing and congratulating the two of you.

"Hey, reindeer games. Have you heard the news? Were expecting a little Tony!" Stark appeared from behind him and clapped him on the shoulder as he passed by going towards the bar and directly to the food.