Books and Cake Pops

It was a couple of days after the three of you had been able to get the blueprints to the Hydra facility and would be a few days more to be able to put any kind of plans into motion. Your nerves were somewhat high but, you were ready. This would be a huge step forward for you all in taking down Rumlow and the organization.

Here you were in the meantime though. You had been snooping around Zemo's home all morning. There was just so much to see and the number of rooms the home had was almost ridiculous which you even explained to Zemo time and time again and he would always chuckle and shrug. Then he would go into a whole history lesson about Sokovia and his family. It was that moment you realized your mistake and you would never question or comment again if it meant not having to go through a history lesson. Though you did listen when he mentioned his family and children. Watching the emotion flicker on his face nearly made you reach over and hug him but, you knew if you did the moment would end and he would make some kind of annoying egotistical comment that would end up with him having his ass kicked.

You finally came across a door that was cracked open. You peeked through noticing a lovely lit fireplace with a beautifully carved mantel. You pressed the palm of your hand against the door and slowly pushed the door. The door let out a small creak as it was pushed completely open revealing a small quaint library. You smiled softly as the aroma of the fire and books filled your nose. The fragrant sweet smell of the spruce firewood burning almost reminded you of Christmas then the sweet musky smell of the old books reminded you of your time in the library on Asgard.

You lingered in the doorway just taking in the room before finally making your way in and walking along the dark oak bookshelves built into the walls. The books were old but nowhere as old as the books on Asgard had been. Obviously. You ran your hand along the spines as you scanned the titles. A majority of them were history books which wasn't much of a surprise to you. History books on Sokovia and other countries. Then there were military books, political books, manuals, and books on languages. Much to your surprise, there were also old romance novels and a few classic books such as Shakespeare. You couldn't help but giggle at the idea of Zemo sitting by the fireplace with a romance novel in one hand and his glass in the other. Then again you wouldn't be surprised. The way he had spoken of his wife, you could tell he at one point in his life had been a romantic.

You continued to move along the wall until you came to a stop on a small section. The books were newer and a lot smaller. The spines were more colorful and thin. You tilted your head as you looked at them curiously and ran your fingers over them before finally choosing one and pulling it out.

A small sad smile came to your face as you realized this small little corner of books was children's books. You ran your hand along the cover and opened it. Your eyes scanned across the small note on the blank space of the title page. It was written in Sokovian and was a note from Zemo to his children. It made your heart wrench and a soft sigh escape your lips. You almost couldn't blame him for being the way he was. You lost your brother. You couldn't imagine how you would feel if you had lost Wanda too. To lose children.