XII

Jason swung the chain of Y/n's pendant around his fingers, much like how people swung their car keys around.

He found himself doing that when he was anxious or bored. He refused to hand the pendant back to Y/n, although he had a feeling she knew he had it.

He clutched it between his fingers, flipping it around several times before letting it rest in his palm.

What game was she playing with him?

This whole situation with Poseidon and Hera? What was the end goal for Y/n?

Was she really just a demigod deciple with Poseidon like power? Or was there something more to her?

Jason intended to find out. He watched her silently as the waters glided across her fingers.

She usually sat on the pier in her Pegasus form, alone.

But once she knew Jason knew about her status along with his father who was now closely watching her every waking moment, her time as a Pegasus had soon ended.

Her freedom had been stripped of her before she could even experience it thoroughly.

The look in Y/n eyes was unmistakable, afterall Jason had felt that emotion too.

Grief, Dispair, Anguish, Hatred, Fear, Loneliness.

They were all mixed together into one look Jason always held when he had nightmares of his fight with Gaea. When Leo died and went missing, all the times he thought of what could've happened to Annabeth and Percy in Tartarus.

When he thinks of all the murder and death he's witnessed over the years.

His hand once again reaches for the necklace, he swung it around his fingers once again, as he silently trudged off into the distance.

He found it better for him to be alone at times like these, times when he was silently grieving his disgusting life as a slave to the gods.

Camp Half-blood made you feel loved, like you had a family but at the end of the day, Just like he had in Camp Jupiter Jason new the camps were just distractions from you realizing what you truly where.

A slave to be commissioned by the gods because they were too lazy, and you were killed off when you had lost your worth, or you were left to squirm in pain as you were punished for the rest of your days for one simple mistake.

Jason slipped himself back into his Cabin, staring up at the statue of Hippie Zeus, he wondered how his sister was.

She'd been commissioned by her father recently to clear some excess monsters in California with Hazel after Gaea' s rising and whole 'take-over-the-world' revenge plan.

He sighed, wondering how Y/n coped with all the similar feelings the two of them held.