ruof

after pressing send to the final message saying that she was alone again in the groupchat, she sighed. it was without a doubt that lianne relied on others to keep her distracted but once she was alone, it all hit her again, the realities of the world.

it really didn't help that yukhei would constantly go out with his friends but lianne couldn't blame him. he was just being an average young adult, having fun with his life and lianne was happy for him.

taking the bag of chips that lucas had gotten for her (after flirting with the cashier), she sat in bed and clicked on the television. she needed another distraction to pass time.

a few hours had gone by when she looked at the clock. it was now midnight. she sighed at this, wondering where the hell her brother was. as much as she didn't want to admit, she really relied a lot on his presence.

paranoia was getting the best of her. when lucas was staying over at someone else's house, he always made sure to tell her. he knew how much she cared for him and how paranoid she can get if no one told her anything so getting no message after being out for hours was starting to scare her.

right as she was about to let her fear get the best of her, her phone dinged with a message from instagram.

MARK:
uh hi
can you open the front door

lianne was confused. none of yukhei's friends ever came over so to have one of them ask to open the door at midnight was slightly shocking. that was when she figured it had something to do with lucas.

lianne wasted no time in heading down the stairs and to the front door.

with some enthusiasm and a spark of hope, lianne opened the door and there stood mark with a very wasted lucas attempting to stand with his arm wrapped around mark's shoulder.

"lucas very good." lucas slurred out in english, throwing a thumbs up which lianne had to stifle a laugh at.

"can you help?" mark asked lianne who was on the verge of laughing at how desperate mark looked and how happy lucas looked, even with his eyes shut. the boy still had that wide smile on his face.

she nodded, taking a hold of yukhei's other side and helping carry him inside the house.

"sorry for barging in unexpected. hendery invited all of us over and everyone went except jaemin, jeno, haechan and renjun. they couldn't go cause they were still watching their show. renjun was just being stubborn. anyways, everyone had gotten wasted except for me. i dropped the other guys off and lucas is the last guy." mark explained as he struggled to help the girl walk the wasted guy up the stairs.

"it's alright." she breathed out as she struggled to get lucas up as well.

after finally succeeding on going completely up the stairs, she led him to his room and plopped him on the bed.

"thank you for bringing him." she told mark, a kind smile on her face.

"dude, it's no problem." he said, a small nervous laugh escaping his lips.

lianne just smiled before putting her attention to lucas, a sigh escaping her lips. she was glad mark had brought him home in time. she really didn't want to have to worry all night for him.

lianne had left the room for a second, leaving mark standing there and not knowing what to do. that is until she came back with a pack of wipes in her hand.

mark observed how gentle she was. she was carefully cleaning his face and hands, the stench of the alcohol making her squirm but she continued to help. it was so obvious that she cared a lot for him, even if they act like they hate each other in their groupchat. they had a special sibling relationship that mark envied a bit.

"i think he'll sleep for the rest of the night." lianne said as she threw away the wipes she used to help clean his face.

"want me to walk you to the door?" she asked him and he nodded.

lianne laughed a bit at his slightly clueless expression. he looked like some kind of baby tiger. mark furrowed his brows at her laugh.

"did i do something or?"

"nono. you just look like a tiger." she told him and he let out an 'ah'.

"i get that a lot." he laughed out.

"it's cute though." she said. this made mark think back in the groupchat to when they called her 'bold'. at least he could now confirm it.

the two headed out of lucas's room, making sure to close the door, and headed downstairs to the front door where lianne prepared to bid goodbye to mark.

"thanks for bringing him once again. i thought his dumbass had something happen to him." lianne said with a laugh which mark reciprocated.

"it's not problem. have a good night lianne."

"you too mark." before lianne shut the door, mark stopped her once again.

"yo wait are you actually like.. down to hear my songs?" mark asked and she nodded.

"it sounds cool. i never had a friend who ever wrote songs before." lianne said and mark smiled, happy with the fact that lianne had considered him a friend now despite barely knowing each other and for a short amount of time.

"i can show you next weekend if your down?" mark asked and she nodded.

"sounds like a plan. just dm me beforehand so i can remember."

"got it." mark laughed out a bit.

"i guess i should go now." he said as he looked at the dark night sky, confirming with the silence that it was pretty late.

"til next time then. goodnight mark."

"goodnight to you too, lianne."

with that, lianne waved goodbye as she shut the door and mark watched as the lights clicked off through the windows.

shaking off all the nerves and adrenaline from his body, mark turned around and headed back to his car.

at least his first encounter with lianne wasn't as bad as hendery's.

——————————————————————————
is this good?
how do you guys feel about this story so far??

also i'm sorry if it seems too fast, i just want interactions already but dw, i can tell you that this probably won't be a short story.

till tomorrow

lots of love,
t <3