neetriht

lianne sat in bed, tears flowing down her face from the conversation with her now ex-best friend.

it was no doubt that she was hurt, all the emotions from having to drop her previous friendships for her coming all at once. she thought that hyejin was the best person, the only friend she'll ever need but after now, she knew she was wrong.

while on facetime with mark, she became silent as she read the messages that hyejin sent to her, her chest in pain from the hurt she felt. mark was confused, he really didn't know if he did something or if there something else going on and wanted to know if he should go comfort her.

she didn't say anything until she started crying, not believing what was happening. hyejin was her best friend for years and it was only until now that lianne saw what kind of person she actually was. mark took that as his own cue to start heading over to her house, abruptly ending the facetime call as he rushed to get to her.

lianne sat in bed, thoughts running through her, imagining all the friends she could've had, all the loneliness she felt possibly could've been avoided if her "best friend" didn't make her drop every single one of them, claiming none of them cared for her and her believing it. she always believed hyejin simply because she was the first friend she had.

mark arrived to her house not too long after, a 15 minute drive at max. he hurried to the door and knocked repeatedly, eventually pulling out his phone due to his impatience.

 he hurried to the door and knocked repeatedly, eventually pulling out his phone due to his impatience

MARK:
im here now
open the door please

as soon as lianne read the message, she slowly got out of bed and made her way downstairs. she didn't hear the knocking from him.

lianne opened the door and mark immediately engulfed her into a hug. according to lucas before, she usually calms down after a nice, long hug.

she immediately returned the embrace, too hurt to even care about the embarrassment of crying into the arms of the guy she was "talking" to for a few days.

"it's okay. i'm here." mark consoled as he rubbed her back up and down, hoping to stop her cries soon and help her feel better.

the two stood there hugging for a good 2 minutes before lianne suddenly pulled away, an embarrassed laugh escaping her lips.

"shit, i'm sorry." she said as she looked up at mark, an awkward smile given to him.

"for what?" he asked, not understanding what she was doing wrong.

"i literally made you come over here to comfort me when we've barely been talking. man, i can't believe i let you see me cry this early." lianne laughed out, patting away her tears while mark just chuckled.

"it doesn't matter if we're in this 'talking' phase. even if we were a just friends kind of thing for a short amount of time, i would come here to comfort you." mark said and lianne smiled, realizing how kind and caring for others mark actually is.

"you're sweet, i like that." she said as her arms went around his neck suddenly, startling the boy and lianne had suppress a laugh.

"thanks..." he muttered, trying to shake off the nerve but it was difficult when the girl he really liked was starting to pull him closer.

his hands unconsciously found her waist and right when their faces were in front of each other, she stopped.

mark's face was red, shy but definitely willing to continue.

lianne noticed this and laughed a bit, finding him adorable and instead of connecting their lips as mark had thought she would do, she rested her head on his shoulder, giving an affectionate hug instead.

mark gave a slightly puzzled look as he returned the hug, stilled surprised that it wasn't a kiss and lianne found it so cute so she laughed.

"you didnt..."

"im not gonna kiss you without any kind of permission. plus, i don't want you to think that anything is going too fast. after all, we haven't had our first official date. that's supposed to be this saturday." lianne said and mark felt slightly embarrassed with how quick he was willing to kiss her only for it to be a hug.

his hands went up to his face, covering the redness from her and lianne cooed, not understanding how one person can be so cute.

"don't be shy mark." lianne said as she pinched his cheek that his hand didn't completely cover.

"what if i hang out here and make this our first official date?" mark suddenly asked, bright eyes looking into lianne's with excitement.

"date? right now?" she asked, wanting clarification and mark nodded his head.

"we can do stuff around here and if we can't, i can always drive us around until late at night in the city. it'll be fun!" he said, really hoping she would say yes. after all, he genuinely really liked the girl after every single conversation they had, whether on the phone, facetime or anything else.

lianne nodded, smiling at his enthusiasm and mark felt overjoyed to the point where he suddenly hugged her again and lifted her up a bit, twirling her around.

she laughed a bit at how excited he was and when he placed her down, she suddenly gave him a small kiss on his cheek, surprising him and making him blush again.

"let's have this date now."