iii

Andrea was glad that she was finished with school for the day, because of her powers she requested to do mainly her classes online but they still required her to come in for her tests and 2 classes but that was it

Andrea was glad that she was finished with school for the day, because of her powers she requested to do mainly her classes online but they still required her to come in for her tests and 2 classes but that was it. Today was a test, Andrea felt exhausted her hands hurt and were also sweaty from being confined in the glove all day. She couldn't wait to go visit her sister, she was grateful that someone knew about her powers and she could actually relax around someone without being afraid that she was going to reveal herself as being a part of the supernatural.

Andrea scrubbed her gloved hand over her face as she weaved through people trying not to touch them. Someone did touch her though, gently and you wouldn't have felt it but Andrea did, she flinched and the person took their hand off of Andrea's arm. "Sorry, just wondering if you would like some cookies. Bake sale and all!" The cheery girl said holding up a plate of cookies.

Andrea sniffed and shook her head. "No thanks," Andrea said quietly before leaving the girl behind her. "It's for a good cause!" The girl yelled behind Andrea but she kept walking, the strangers' emotions mixed with the smell of cookies wasn't a good combination for Andrea as she kept sniffling.

Her brain was fighting with her as well which didn't help, her brain was telling her how stupid it was to feel like this all over some sweets but she couldn't help it. Since the fire, she's hated anything sweet, instead, she opts to go for sour or mostly salty things whereas before she hated anything but sweet. Instead when she looks at sweet's all she can see is Jessica on the ceiling, little Andrea only caught a glimpse before Sam stuffed her face in his neck but that's all Andrea needed to be scarred for life from it.

She took a deep breath when she finally reached her car, with shaky hands she grabbed her keys and unlocked it getting in quickly before anyone tries to talk or touch her. Andrea takes her gloves off and rubs her hands before turning the knob on the radio which fills her car with music. She sends her sister a quick text to let her know that's she's on her way before pulling out of the parking spot she was in.

Andrea tries to concentrate on the road and not let her mind wander towards thinking about Jessica again but it was hard, she hasn't let herself think about her death in a long time and she didn't want to. Before she could spiral any further she pulled into Enola's apartment complex, it wasn't far from Andrea and Inez's apartment which Andrea was grateful for during times like this.

Andrea runs her hands through her hair before she got out of the car she had placed her gloves back on before unbuckling. She was careful to keep her powers under guard even if it wouldn't take her long to make it to the apartment she doesn't want to take any chances.

She walks through the doors until she gets to the elevators, they open and she walks in. She hits the elevator close button before anyone could even think about getting into the same elevator she is in, that's why she usually takes the stairs.

Before she even arrived at the door to Enola's apartment the door opened, Andrea couldn't help but smile seeing her older sister's face. "Oh I missed you," Andrea said walking past Enola right into her apartment. "We live like 5 minutes from each other," Enola says chuckling.

"What can I say, been a hard few weeks." Andrea smiles sadly at her sister, now that she's in the comfort of Enola's apartment she lays her head back against the couch and takes off her gloves folding them neatly and putting them on the coffee table in front of her. "What's going on?"

Andrea shrugs at Enola's question, she didn't want to tell her but Enola gave her the look. "Fine, I was offered cookies today and that made me spiral. Thought about Jessica and that night." Enola frowns before reaching out and grabs Andrea's hand, she involuntary flinches before forcing herself to relax and let her powers take over Enola's feelings. "Have you tried to talk to Sam since that night?" Enola asks after she lets go of Andrea's hand after a few minutes.

"No, he gave me his number but I'm not sure if it even works anymore. I don't want to bother him with this stuff anyway, he probably will think I'm crazy if I tell him what's going on with me." Enola shoves Andrea lightly with her foot which was now resting on the couch. "I don't think you're crazy. I always thought Sam was reasonable, he might understand if you just explain everything." Andrea huffs and shakes her head.

"I don't even know how to explain it, I just woke up the next day after his girlfriend died feeling intense emotions. I felt confused and scared, I don't know how or why I can do what I do because if I could trade this for being normal again. I would, in a heartbeat."

Enola sighs and stands up walking towards the kitchen, Andrea looks away towards the window. That's when she notices it's gotten dark, she glances at her watch. "Oh shit, I have to go. It's late." Andrea stands up putting her gloves on quickly. "Love you, Andrea, be careful," Enola says hugging Andrea tightly.

Instead of taking the elevator she quickly runs down the stairs, she lets her shoulder open the door before taking her keys out and unlocking her car. She tosses her bag into the passenger seat before sliding into the driver's seat not bothering to buckle since it's so close.

Andrea glanced at the clock, the gates close at 10 pm and it was 9:57 pm she was cutting it close but she made it. She let out a sigh of relief as her car was let past, she parked before getting out.

She looked up from her phone where she was texting Inez that she was here when she saw her apartment door ajar. Andrea's eyes widened before she hurriedly dialed 911. "9-1-1, How may I help you?" Andrea takes a deep breath before opening her car door. "I think my apartment was broken into." Andrea rattled off the address when the operator asked for it. "And do you have anyone else living with you?" The operator asked.

Andrea nodded as she stepped closer to her door. "Yea my-" Andrea screams as she takes in the scene before her, standing over the body of her best friend was someone with shark-like teeth licking the blood off their lips.

Andrea lets the phone slip through her hands and bounces on the ground, Andrea's scream seemed to have spooked the creature because as soon as Andrea screamed the creature took off. Andrea's heart was beating as she ran towards her best friend, she let out a whimper.

Andrea looks frantically for her phone that she dropped and finds it by the door. "Please, help. My best friend, she's really hurt." Andrea pleads to the operator who was frantically asking Andrea questions that she couldn't bother answering.

How could she, her best friend was hurt, maybe even dead.