xv

For a split second right when Andrea opens her eyes she's happy because she forgets where she is

For a split second right when Andrea opens her eyes she's happy because she forgets where she is. She's still in the middle of her nice dream world but when the dream quickly fades and Andrea looks around she knows, she knows that her best friend is still dead and someone who Andrea hardly knows but she kind of has a crush on is staying in her dead best friends room.

She lets out a loud that could morph into a cry but Andrea rubs her hands over her face and forces the tears away. She sits up and grabs her phone, still no text from Enola but Andrea is getting used to being iced out by her sister now. It still hurts but it's not Andrea's problem, she has bigger things to focus on.

Andrea slowly walks to the kitchen to grab herself a cup of coffee. She mindlessly walks towards the coffee maker not realizing her new semi roommate was by the stove cooking eggs. "What the hell?" Andrea hears making her jump, she turns and sees Claire looking at Andrea angrily, well more like looking at Andrea's hands angrily. That's when Andrea realizes, she forgot to put her gloves on before she got out of bed. "I can explain," Andrea says slowly picking up her coffee and walking towards the tiny table that Inez and Andrea ate dinner together most of the time.

Claire scoffs and nods her head quickly before sliding the pan of eggs off to the side and turning the burner off. "You better because I was just starting to like you, of course, your lying to me because every girl I want to go out with is a liar." Claire scoffs and shakes her head as she walks towards the table. Andrea's head snaps up quickly when the meaning of Claire's words sink in.

"Wait, you like me?' Andrea whispers eyes following Claire as she sits down across from her. "Yes! I did at least, now tell me the truth." Claire says pressing her lips together in a serious expression. Andrea takes a deep breath and runs her hands through her hair getting it out of her face. "I don't how much Sam told you about how I know him but Jessica, his girlfriend used to babysit me." Claire nods so Andrea takes that as a gesture to go on.

"So I happened to be staying the night when it happened, she tucked me after we made cookies for Sam because he was out with Dean and he would be back that night but after we fell asleep. I woke up and I could smell smoke, I could hear Sam and Dean so I screamed and Sam grabbed me. He picked me up and took me outside, I don't know how or when it happened but I could control his emotions. I wasn't crying anymore, I felt sad but I didn't feel sad you know?" Andrea tries to explain, when Claire nods Andrea sighs in relief knowing that she's coming across as she intended.

"Over the next couple of days, I realized that I could pick up on other people's emotions even when I touched them. I call myself an empath but I think I'm a very powerful one considering I can control someone's emotions too sometimes. This is why I wear gloves because if I didn't my powers would be drawing me to strangers and I didn't want that. I found out through testing that certain types of gloves help so I try to have two around me at all times including the ones on my hands but I try not to sleep with them on so I can give my hands a break."

Claire nods slowly and runs a hand through her hair. "So have you done that to me? Controlled my emotions or picked up on them?" Andrea shakes her head quickly. "Not at all, I actually can't reach you. I can't reach Sam either anymore so something changed, I believe it's something to do with me and my desire and love towards you both." Andrea can feel her face getting hot from her admittance. Claire smirks and crosses her arms before sliding the chair backwards and walks towards the stove to continue making their eggs. "Well, thanks for being honest. I hope you know that you didn't have to have to keep that from me. I've seen a lot of shit." Andrea stands up and walks towards Claire.

"I figured but I'm just used to hiding it, when I was at your house I was getting drawn towards Jody and Alex. Not much from Dean but still l got a little bit from him, emotions are a funny thing." Andrea trails off watching Claire stir the eggs. "Yes, they are," Claire says without looking up. "Um, did you get a chance to look at the police report?" Andrea asks quietly, she was almost afraid of Claire's answer of what she found.

Claire sighs and nods. "I did, they are convinced it was a knife but the coroner says the marks don't much but it was crossed out to say it was a knife wound so they obviously are trying to get this over with because they think they got the right guy. I still want to look at your place today, and maybe if you feel up to it after I look at it we can get the blood out of your carpet." Claire smiles kindly at Andrea before grabbing two plates and placing the eggs on the plate along with a piece of buttered toast.

Andrea looks at the light blood mark on the carpet with sadness in her eyes, Claire hands Andrea her plate, and Claire wipes away the tears that were about to fall with the pad of her finger. "We'll catch the monster that did this." Andrea nods but her mind was somewhere else, she couldn't stop imagining Claire's finger on her face.

It kept replaying over in her head, that's when it hit Andrea. She could be happy, for the first time in her life.