vii

Even as Andrea was loading her car up with her bags she felt bad, she felt bad about the way she left things with Enola but her sister didn't understand why she had to do this on her own

Even as Andrea was loading her car up with her bags she felt bad, she felt bad about the way she left things with Enola but her sister didn't understand why she had to do this on her own. Now that Andrea was getting her stuff in her car she was begging to have doubts that Sam can even help her, maybe this all was a mistake Andrea could've been imagining the things Andrea saw that night. Jessica on the ceiling, her body burning from the inside out, Andrea pushed her palms into her eyes trying to wipe the image away she didn't need to think about Jessica, not right now.

Andrea is living proof that the supernatural exists, and if she wasn't proof enough the thing that was sucking Inez's blood was proof. At the back of her mind, though she wondered if Sam truly was a hunter like she thought he was, Sam didn't think that she saw the weird symbols under the rug or the fact that they had an expensive iron fork, Andrea pretended not to notice that times when she would see Sam take out his flask and pour a little something into the guests along with Andrea's drink. After the night Jessica died though, it all made sense but a small part of Andrea thinks she might have been imaging it all, she was traumatized when Jessica died.

Andrea shook her head as she opened her car door, she couldn't think like that. She had to make the trip because Sam was going to help and even if he didn't it would be good to see him again, Andrea turned the car key she prayed that it would start, she sighed in relief when her car roared to life. It was a classic car, but old and not so reliable anymore but she had to make a 27-hour drive in this car, and damnit she was going to make it.

Andrea reached over and turned the knob on the radio to turn up the music, she rotated stations, and today she was feeling like some Fleetwood Mac instead of her regular Led Zeppelin or Elton John.  She tapped her finger on the steering wheel along to the beat of The Chain, she rolled her eyes as someone already cut her off as she was trying to get out of the parking lot of her apartment complex. "Well, this is going to be a long day," Andrea said out loud debating if she should send the person a middle finger but decided to let it go.

She glanced at her phone to make sure her navigator was working, she rolled her shoulders back as she let herself relax along to the music. She had a long way to go but she was ready to get answers she could feel that it was close, Andrea could taste it.

||

Andrea was about halfway there, she's currently stopped at a 24-hour diner called Sunnyside Diner. Andrea grabbed her phone and wallet before unbuckling and opening her door. She arched her back to stretch before closing the door behind her, she had her gloves over but she still felt nervous as she felt the cool metal of the door handle. "Hello Darlin, have a seat wherever you would like." The waitress said smiling, Andrea nodded and took a seat at the bar. The diner wasn't empty, it had 4 people including Andrea in the eating area two of them were sitting together so Andrea didn't have to worry about her emotions wanting to try to feel someone else's. "What can I get you to drink?" The waitress who talked to her before said before sitting a plastic menu down in front of her.

"Um coffee is fine, I'm actually ready to order already." Andrea smiled at the waitress, she already knew what she wanted because it caught her eye. "Okay, what will it be hun?" The waitress pulled out her pad and pen so she can write her order down.

"The June Special please." Andrea smiled as the waitress nodded and wrote it down. "I'll have it out to you shortly." Andrea nodded, she pulled out her phone and sent a quick text to Sam telling him she was at a diner as she expected he didn't respond, probably because he was sleeping Andrea said in her head but he would always get it later when he woke up.

The waitress was right, it didn't take her long before the June Special was placed in front of her Andrea almost drooled at the sight. "Here you are, one June Special." Andrea sipped her coffee before grabbing the side of her sandwich and taking a bite, Andrea knew that she would be getting this again or making it again at home.

She wiped her mouth and hands-off with a napkin once she was finished, she ate all of her sandwiches and drank two cups of coffee. She was ready, she was ready for the rest of her trip to Sioux Falls. While she was waiting on the bill she opened her navigator and saw she had 13 hours left then she would be there.

Andrea sighed but she stood up and stretched her arms over her head, her shoulder popped and she awed in relief it felt good. "Here's your bill, be safe." The waitress said, sliding over the ticket. "Here you go, keep the change." Andrea smiled as she slides over a 20 dollar bill, it was a little over double what the meal actually was but Andrea liked to tip big.

"Thank you, come back now Darlin."

Andrea smiled and nodded, she let her gloved hand wrap around the door before pulling it open. The outside air whooshed into her, she shook the feeling away before unlocking her car. Opening the door she got in, the first thing she did after turning on the car was turn on the radio again but instead of Fleetwood Mac she played Led Zeppelin, she had to have something good to last her the last 13 hours of her trip.