Chapter 4 - Peace Never Lasts

Everyone's eating lunch in the cafeteria. There's so many employees in this building in the day that Capsule Corp needs one. Of course me, Vegeta, and Parsle also eat here. Parsle has settled down here and lives in the nearby forest, where she crashed.

We're all eating around a table and I remember something funny I read. "Hey..." I start with my mouth full. "Did you know that some humans don't like other types of humans because of the colour of their skin?"

Vegeta explodes with laughter. "HA! Imagine that! "Hey you! You're the wrong colour! I'm gonna treat you differently!" What idiots! It's like your son refusing to eat from a plate if it's not his favourite colour!" he laughs. Everyone else laughs, since it's a rare sight to see Vegeta in such a good mood.

My son was born a month ago. I think back to the day he was born.

—————

We look down at the baby in her arms. "We did it!" I whisper.

"Yeah sure, I guess you helped," Bulma replies. "Is it meant to have that much... hair? Or so little fat? Doesn't he look a little old for a newborn?" He picks up a glove from a side table and chews on it.

 hair? Or so little fat? Doesn't he look a little old for a newborn?" He picks up a glove from a side table and chews on it

"So, what should we call him?" she asks.

"Well, I've already shut down any chance of calling him Trunks, so..." Suddenly, the boy starts crying again and a large ki blast is shot from him. It bounces off me and destroys a wall. Bulma quickly put him down in the middle of the room where he continues to throw a tantrum, knocking things over and destroying anything that can't be moved.

"He's causing mayhem!" Someone shouts.

"Anarchy!"

"Turmoil!"

"He's destroying everything!" Bulma cries.

"No..." I say calmly, not really bothered by this. "He's causing... chaos."

—————

That night, I come outside to sit by Parsle, who's alone. I have a few questions that I've been meaning to ask her. "Is this seat taken?"

"You Earthlings are strange with your manners. On Vegeta, if no one is in a seat, then it is not taken. We even have a waiting for it," she says.

"Is it 'move your feet, lose your seat'?" I ask.

She doesn't say anything for a moment. "What do you want?"

I sit. "Just want to ask you some things. For instance, why do you have claws and fangs?"

"All Saiyan woman have them. It's because biologically, we evolved differently from our giant ape ancestors. We kept the claws and fangs to accommodate our different fighting style. Some would say it gave us an advantage. However, some said that we were 'unevolved' and fought dirty, like animals. Those people ended up with their eyes gouged out."

By 'different fighting style', she bites and scratches. I still have the scars from her to remind me. "What have you been doing all this time?"

She sighs at the memory. "When I was young, I was famous across the planet for being the strongest Saiyan alive. Unfortunately, this attracted the wrong kind of attention and I was always under attack from the Frieza Force. Zarbon and Dodoria fought me constantly, only fuelling my strength. Luckily, Frieza stubbornly refused to address me as a threat, so never went there himself or sent the Ginyu force. Now, however, I've surpassed even Ginyu himself."

It's true. She improved quickly in her months here, surrounded by fighters stronger than. She doesn't know just how strong we are though. There's no need to shatter her confidence for the sake of showing off. "I'm sorry about that."

"When Vegeta was destroyed, I'd already left soon before to hide. When Frieza called everyone the Vegeta, I didn't want to be anywhere near whatever was happening there. Afterwards, I was hunted across the galaxy for years until Frieza was killed. You know the rest," she finishes.

I'm almost done, but I remember one last thing I'd like to know. "Vegeta can't look you in the eye. He can barely be in the same room as you. It's like it hurts him. What's up with that?"

Parsle turns away. "I wasn't that old when Vegeta was blown up. There wasn't much of an age gap between us." No... "I was a young teenager and he was a young child." No... She takes a breath and sighs. "As the strongest Saiyan alive and the Saiyan Prince, we were arranged to be married when he came of age. And we accepted that. We were fine with that. But now... there's something still between us. Something... unfinished."

I get up. "Well, thanks for to info. Goodnight!" I leave quickly. That was a little more than I bargained for.

—————

"You can't just leave like this!" Bulma exlaims. But there's no talking me out of this one. "Why are you going?"

I walk down the hall to Parsle's fixed pod. "Like I told you, I picked up Goku's ki last night. Now that I know he's alive, I have to go look for him. It shouldn't take too long. As soon as I find him, we'll come right back," I explain. Vegeta and Parsle are coming with me too, in different pods.

Bulma puts a hand on my shoulder. "You have to come back."

"Bulma..."

"No. You have to come back. You're not someone who lives by themselves in the woods anymore. You have a family now. Think of our son," she says firmly.

I look down to the boy in her arms. "Hey Bud. I'm going away for a while." He doesn't understand me as I talk to him. "So, I'm leaving this to you." I pull out the four-star Dragon Ball. "I was meaning to give this to Goku when he returned, but since I'm going to him, I'll need you to hold onto it for me. Can you do that?" I put it in his arms. He looks at his reflection on the surface and drools all over it. "Thanks."

We say our goodbyes and get in the pods. "I'm coming back, Bulma. No matter what." The pods launch and quickly leave Earth. I have to return as soon as possible, for my family. I slowly watch Earth shrink out of view.