Chapter 6 - Back on Earth and Back to Danger!

On Planet Yardrat, me, Soba and Goku are all training together. Together, we can fight Soba now. I deflect a ki blast and Soba flies forward with his fist drew back, but Goku kicks him away. We smile at each other over finally getting the better of him. Soba really is an amazing fighter. I stretch my shoulder, trying to get out the stiffness that's stayed since the crash. "We're getting stronger!" Goku says excitedly.

"Hey." I get Goku's attention and put my fingers on my head. "Watch this." Sensing Soba's energy, I travel there with my spirit and teleport there. I figured out Instant Transmission!

Goku teleports behind me. "Big deal! I figured that out days ago! You should see where Vegeta is in his spirit training right now. He just figured out how to make clones of himself!" That's certainly impressive, although I'm not sure what he could do with that power.

Suddenly, I sense some very strong presences fly near the planet. Although they do get near, eventually it passes. "That was weird... do you think it's members of the Frieza Force? The energy had the same, evil aura." Goku shrugs. "Hey Soba!" I call to him. He pushes half a mountain off him and it tips over, crumbling. "Did you sense that?"

His eyes are glowing white for some reason. "I still am. Right now I'm tracking them and trying to figure out where they're going. It's definitely someone evil," he tells us. After a minute, his eyes go back to normal. "Ok, so there's good news and bad news."

"Give us the good news first," I say. I'm a good news first kind of guy, I guess.

"Good news is, I think that with your training, you might be strong enough to handle this. Also, now that you've learnt Instant Transmission, you'll be able to get to Earth easily," he says.

"Bad news?" Goku asks.

"Those ships are heading towards Earth," he finishes. "If they're going there just to destroy it, they'll be able to do instantly and effortlessly."

Oh dear... "That is bad news," I say, concerned. Slowly, I put my fingers on my head. "Well, thanks for everything Soba! We'll be sure to visit sometime. Send my regards to Hatska!" I say while searching for Earth.

He nods. "It's been a pleasure meeting you. I look forward to seeing you again, Alpha and Goku," he says with a final goodbye. Goku puts a hand on my shoulder and waves to him, as I find Piccolo's energy. We teleport away from him and off Yardrat, to Earth.

—————

Unfortunately, unknown to Alpha or Goku, something had been happening on Earth which they likely would have tried to stop, had they been there. Nappa has kidnapped Gohan.

It's a peaceful day after the Saiyans have left and life is continuing on. Even Goku's family is getting by without him. Gohan is flying to West City to buy pears, on the Nimbus Cloud when he's suddenly kicked off. However, he's not the weak child he was years ago. He lands on his feet and his eyes dart around for the attacker. But before he sees them, he's attacks from behind and slides in the dirt. On the ground, Gohan sees Nappa as the attacker. His face fills with fear as he tries to get up and run away.

"Oh no you don't." Nappa grabs Gohan by the tail and throws him back on the ground. This knocks the breath out of Gohan and he now lies there, feeling like the same helpless child he was when he was kidnapped by Raditz. His eyes begging to water from the frustration of losing. "Look at you," Nappa says as he puts a foot on his chest, making it harder for him to catch his breath. "Defeated by someone a fraction of your strength. Of course, no one expects any more from you." He presses harder on Gohan and he starts to suffocate. "You're just a human child. Of course, if you were a full-blood Saiyan, you'd be a battle-hardened warrior by this age. And if you were a full-blood human, I expect you wouldn't have anything to do with fighting." Gohan starts scratching at his leg in desperation. Nappa slowly takes his foot off the child, and he coughs and quickly begins to breath again. "Don't you worry. I'll make sure to turn you into a battle-hardened warrior, just like you should be," Nappa says as he kicks Gohan in the forehead. Gohan rolls backwards and lies there, knocked out. "Let's start your training..."