Chapter 12 - At Long Last, the Androids Emerge

I land next to Goku as he hits the ground, groaning and holding his chest. "Goku! How did this happen?!" I ask, alarmed. If he doesn't get better, he'll die! "Piccolo! You need to heal him!"

"Alpha, I don't think-"

"Just try it! I'll deal with the Androids, you concentrate," I say. He nods and I stand up, turning to Android 19. "Don't think you actually did anything. This isn't about you two."

Gero looks at us, thinking. "Hmmm... 19, forget about Son Goku for a moment. In his..." He looks at Goku groaning and grabbing his chest while Piccolo tries to heal him. "Condition... he won't be much of a threat. Both of you focus your efforts on the Saiyan Alpha."

Tao smiles and points his blade at me. "Perfect," he growls. "I've been wondering what's so special about you. Surely you can't be above the man who bested me with a single attack! When I'm through with you, you'll look worse than me!" They both fly towards me, ready to attack. I take a deep breath. This is what I've trained for.

Calmly, I push Tao's blade to the side, leaning down to avoid 19's kick. Tao sends a kick at my neck and I catch it, crushing his ankle a little. I catch 19's fist with my other hand, slam them together, and then throw them aside. "Gero. Stop throwing your minions at me as fodder and fight me!" I yell. Tao fires small beams of ki out of his gun-hand and they bounce off my head. "Ow." 19 rushes up behind me and grabs my wrists.

"Yes, 19! Now, drain him for all he has!" Gero shouts excitedly. I lift my arms to my sides and spread them out wide. My arms are much longer than his so his hands tear straight off. Tao growls and slashes his blade in the air, sending a blade of ki flying towards me.

I grab it with my hand. "What?!" Spinning around, I cut 19's head off, then spin around again, throwing it back at Tao. He barely dodges it, jumping out of the way.

Gero is shocked. "Impossible!" he cries. "I was sure that 19 would be strong enough to at least injure you. How is it possible that you surpassed my expectations so drastically?!"

I shrug. "I'd tell you, but I doubt you'd believe me."

He glares at me. "I don't know how you got so strong, but I didn't come unprepared. 17 and 18 are sure to make quick work of you!" he yells. Everyone looks at him, surprised.

"Wait, there are more androids?" Krillin asks. "How many? I swear if you've actually got 21 androids..."

Without any warning, Gero fires a blast at Goku and Piccolo. Piccolo is too distracted with healing and doesn't notice soon enough. "PICCOLO!" I yell, flying over as fast as I can and knocking it away. The blast hits the ground to the side of me and explodes. "You bastard, that was a cheap move- and he's gone." I look around, but he's completely gone. "That tin can mother-"

"Hey, guys!" Bulma shouts from her ship overhead. "I forgot to mention something I think is really important!"

"This really isn't a good time, Bulma!" I shout back, running back to Goku.

She lands anyway and jumps out of the ship. "Just hear me out. I didn't really think about the fact that you were fighting Dr. Gero. I just thought of it as you guys fighting some robots he made. But I know where his lab is!" she explains.

"You do?!" Krillin asks.

"Yeah. Just over that sea, like 50km," she points.

I put my hand on my head. "W... why did you never bring this up?" I ask.

She shrugs. "I thought you had it handled."

"What about this made you think we had anything handled?!"