Chapter 5 - An Ominous Threat Looms

We ran out of fuel after a few days.

Red lights are flashing everywhere. There's an alarm going off somewhere and I don't know what any of it means! Through the window I see the ground rushing up to me, ready to smash this thing to pieces. I brace for impact and I crash into the ground. If only I knew how to open the pod. The pod smashes apart and for a moment I'm engulfed in fire, before rolling out of it into a cliff. I lie there for a moment, losing consciousness. The last thing I see is the silhouette of a familiar figure.

"Goku...?"

—————

I wake up in an unusual bed. It's far too small for me. When I wake up, I'm pushed down by someone. "Stay down. Even a small movement could reopen your wounds. You're just lucky I can heal." It's a strange looking alien, wearing strange clothes.

" It's a strange looking alien, wearing strange clothes

I don't get up, but am immediately suspicious. "Who are you?! Where am I?" I ask. I can feel the closed-over cuts on my back.

The alien puts a hand on my chest to make sure I don't sit up. "Calm down! You're on Planet Yardrat. I am a Yardrat, or a Yardratian. Our kind can heal you, however our healing works so that the more powerful the subject, the less effective the healing. Luckily I managed to keep you out of death's grasp," he explains. We're in a building made of stone

I relax a little. Looks like he's trustworthy. Or she. Or it. I really can't tell. So they're healers? "I know a few times when I could have used a healer on the team. How did I get here anyway?" This is all still confusing for me.

"In due time," he smiles. That's annoying.

—————

After a few days, I'm able to move again without too much trouble. My Saiyan blood is boiling from being still for so long and I'm burning for a fight. "Ok Hatska, tell me how I got here!" I demand as he walks in.

"Alright, alright." He stands with that knowing look I hate. "Goku brought you here," he says.

"Goku's here?!" He alive! I knew it! I almost jump out of bed, but think better of it and sit back down. "Where is he?"

Hatska sits on the side of the bed. "When you crashed, he was training nearby and carried you here, asking me to heal you. We're a naturally benevolent race, so I obliged. Now, he's training with Soba outside."

I've been looking for Goku for so long, and now he's only a few steps away... I slowly get out of bed and stand op straight. "I have to see him." One painful step after the other, it gets a little easier each time. When I reach the door I can see how high up we are. The house is balanced on a tall pillar of rock, overlooking a small town sized area of settlements. Below I see Yardrats that look like Hatska, and a different type that looks pink and wrinkly. I guess there are other types of Yardrats.