Chapter 1 - A New Power

Goku looks up at me and smiles, before being burnt to a crisp. But this time it's not Frieza. It's something different. Some kind of monster. Bulma, Krillin, Gohan, Roshi, Vegeta and Goku all lie dead at my feet. It's a nightmare.

The monster looks nothing like a human but is humanoid. It walks towards me and I'm rooted to the spot. "You see Alpha? This is what happens when you can't do the one thing you're supposed to. You failed." No... everyone is dead because of me. And I'm next. He jumps towards me to finish me off.

I wake up in bed, sweating and shaking. They've never been this bad. Bulma wakes up and looks worried. "Another one? These nightmares are strange to see in someone your age." I fall back down.

"Sorry. I don't know what's causing it. I can't even remember them when I wake up," I say.

"Can you remember anything?"

"Just... green. Something green. Maybe it's Piccolo."

"Lets go back to sleep." But I get out of bed. "What are you doing?"

"I don't need to go to sleep. I'm going to train."

Bulma is confused and annoyed. "What? It's 3am!"

This doesn't stop me. "Then I guess I overslept. Piccolo and Vegeta probably started without me." Sure enough, I can feel faint shockwaves in the floor.

"You saiyans. When will you learn that there's more to life than fighting?"

"Sorry. It's in our blood." I get up and walk out of the room. Today, I'm gonna blow them away and I can barely contain my urge to barge in. I open the door and the gravity turns off. Two people come down to me. One is green and wearing a turban. The other is short and has spiky hair. Piccolo and Vegeta.

"Your late Alpha. Sleeping in?" Vegeta taunts. He's grown accustomed to life here, even if he doesn't really care for us. He's also really self-entitled.

"Leave me alone Vegeta. If I decide to get more than 4 hours of sleep, I'll sleep in," I say. Vegeta grumbles and walks away.

Piccolo takes a stance. "So, Alpha, I hear you're having a child?" Vegeta perks up. Feeling his presence behind me, I block Piccolo's punch and jump back.

"Don't get the wrong idea, Piccolo. This won't mean anything for our training. I'm still going to keep getting stronger!" I go Kaioken and me and Piccolo lock hands with me being pushed back. "Kaioken X5!" Piccolo starts to get pushed back. Suddenly, my outer shirt is blown off by a point blank ki blast from Piccolo. I'm wearing a blue shirt, black trousers, hand braces made by Bulma, meant for a special attack I've been working on and yellow boots.

"Come on Piccolo! Again? Stop doing that!" In our spars Piccolo always blasts my shirt off. I'm running out of clothes. I jump back down to the floor.

"You're holding back Alpha! Did you really think you could hide it from me?" he shouts from above.

He's right. I just don't want to admit it. Because although I want to master this power, it scares me. "You're right. I've discovered something new." Vegeta listens in. "It feels like the form Vegeta took in when we fought him."

"The Oozaru?"

"Sure. But it's really hard to control. If I could get the hang of it, it would be as powerful as being a great ape. I just wish I could unlock my full potential," I mutter.

At last, Vegeta steps forwards. "There are other legends than the super saiyan. One is the power to control the form of the great ape and keep one's natural form. If we could discover this new form, perhaps we could give the namekian a run for his money."

"'The namekian' has a name, thanks."

"Perhaps, but I refuse to learn it. Now, Alpha, fight me to show me how to unlock the Ikari form!" Really? That's its name? Whatever. Let's do this. I power up and circle around him, but he spins around and knocks me into the wall. He's going for the kill to drive me to transform. Narrowly dodging a kick from him I spin out of the way and to the floor.

Right. It's time to do this or die trying. Vegeta jumps off the wall at me. "You damn bastard!" I charge up to the maximum and bring out everything I've got. Thoughts about me failing to protect everyone, everyone lying dead around me float around my head. It's not working! Vegeta's almost here now. I'm going to get hit. I'm going to-

"This is what happens when you can't do the one thing you're supposed to."

NO. My body grows like a great ape, but stops only after growing a couple feet. My aura turns yellow and energy shoots off me, acting as a barrier from Vegeta's attack.

I'm gonna kill him. Why? He hasn't done anything. It doesn't matter. I just want him dead. I want them all dead. Dead. Dead. Crap! I'm losing control! Hopefully they can stop me before I do something stupid.

Quickly, Piccolo jumps forwards. "Kaioken X10! He punches me in the back of the head, stopping me, then in several points on my neck and shoulders. This makes me lose consciousness.

It might sound ridiculous, but I actually spent all this time looking for a character design I was going to use for Alpha. I've finally found this one, so this is what he looks like. It might change in the future, but this is what he looks like right now.