Chapter 11 - Attack of the Androids!

I fly towards the island with Goku and Gohan. "So, Gohan, how are you feeling about your first real fight in three years?" I ask him.

Gohan fidgets nervously, which I didn't know was possible when flying at supersonic speed. "I-I think I'll be able to go Super Saiyan this time. I've been practising a lot, and I can probably do it!" he says quietly.

"Great!" I say with a smile. "So, Goku, think we've got a decent shot?" I ask him.

Goku runs his arm. "Yeah, we'll probably be good. Got, like, the worst pins and needles in my arm though."

I pat him on the shoulder. "That's just your Saiyan blood! You've been training for this for three years, of course, it's gonna feel like your blood is boiling," I reassure him. East City shows up on the horizon, and we're there in seconds.

I land on the ground and notice everyone else is already there. "Hey guys, guess we're late to the party. Wow, even Bulma got here before us."

"Yeah, well, you sure took your time getting here," Tien sighs. "We only have five minutes. Let's get our plan sorted."

Goku starts stretching. "Why do we need a plan? My plan is to fight them, and win!" he says cheerfully.

Bulma puts her hand over her eyes to shield them from the sun and looks up. "Hey, guys? Did we have any more people coming?"

Piccolo turns around. "No, I don't think so."

She points up. "Then who's that?"

We all look up, and above the city, two people are hovering in the air. "I'm pretty sure that's just a bird," Goku says.

"No, I don't think it is, Goku," I sigh. "I think it's a pla-"

"IT'S THE ANDROIDS, YOU IDIOTS!" Piccolo yells, making us both jump.

"Alright, alright! You don't have to yell so loud!" Goku whines, with his fingers in his ears.

I concentrate on the androids and get nothing. "I can't sense them. It must be because they're not organic. No one lose track of them, we won't be able to follow- where'd they go?" They're already gone.

"Crap, I think I saw them going into the city!"

I groan and put a hand on my head. "If we can't sense them, we'll have to search for them on foot..." I hear a similar collective groan behind me. "Alright, everyone! I know this is annoying, but we don't have a choice. Let's find them before they can do any damage!" I fly into the city and land on a building, and the others follow. So, if I were an android, where would I be? Well, I guess if I were an android it wouldn't really change where I am, just what I am. But then again, if I were an android, I'd be on Gero's side. So that would also change who I am. Heck, if you think about it...

—————

Yamcha lands in the streets nervously glancing around. "This is fine," he thinks to himself. "Just stay calm. After all, there's almost no chance that I'll be the one to find them. I just have to look like I'm helping, and wait for the fight to start. The chances of me finding them are-" An explosion goes off near him, a couple of blocks over. "Oh come on!" he cries, running towards the fire. He reaches the source and ducks behind a building, with his hands over his mouth. "Yep, that's definitely them!" An old man and a fat, pale man are floating slightly above the road. "Why? Why did it have to be me? I'll just stay hidden until the others get here. Someone must have seen that blast." The old man punches through a car window and pulls out a person by the neck. His grip tightens and the man kicks and struggles, choking. "Hey!" Yamcha shouts, jumping out of cover. The old man looks over and drops the man.