Three.

WC: 621
TW: mentions of family issues
Date: April 30th 2021

the whole band just finished a show. it was great! it went amazing. they were back at the bus by 8:30pm. they all decided to go out to eat afterwards in celebration so they ended up getting back pretty late. they all went to sleep except for Daniel and Corbyn. they were both in the back, simply talking. they were having a great time, until, it started raining. the room fell quiet, filling with the sound of little rain drops hitting the windows of the bus.

Corbyn looked over to the window. his mind started going blank. memories came flooding back. it was probably the sound of the rain that triggered him. you see, when he was little, his parents argued a lot. like, a lot. all he would hear was screaming.

so, he would lock himself in his room whenever his parents went on. he used music as a coping mechanism. that's one of the big reasons he went into singing. it was always an escape. the problem is, yes, he would listen to relaxing music to calm himself but a lot of the time he could still hear his parents.

it went to the point where he would just have to sit in his room and cry. eventually, his parents kept arguing, and arguing to the point where his father walked out. his father left them. he left Corbyn, his mom and his siblings alone. the rain probably made him think back to when his dad first left and all the arguing. he remembered how much pain he was in.

he didn't even realize he was crying until Daniel snapped him out of it. "Corbyn!" the brunet looked at the older and just started sobbing. Daniel was confused for sure. "hey, hey!" Daniel moved closer to him and pulled the smaller in close. "sh.. are you okay? talk to me when you're ready." he cared about Corbyn and it was obvious.

Corbyn rested his head on Daniels chest while letting all the tears fall. small whimpers and sniffs came from him. Daniel rubbed his back with one hand and used his other to tangle his fingers in his hair. the movements slowly calmed Corbyn down a bit. a few more tears fell.

he pulled away and looked at Daniel. "just talk to me okay?" Daniel whispered. Corbyn smiled and nodded. he then went on to explain everything. sure, Daniel already knew that his dad left but he didn't know the details. once Corbyn was done explaining, Dream felt horrible. "oh god I'm so sorry corbs." he held the smaller close to him as Corbyn sobbed.

"sh.." he did everything he could to calm Corbyn down, including kissing his head lightly. and it was working. until they heard thunder. Corbyn just cried more. "hey, look at me!" Daniel held the youngers cheeks. "you're safe, I promise.. do you want to sleep with me in my bunk today?" Corbyn blushed a bit. he nodded quickly and tried to cuddle in with Daniel a bit.

"it's okay.. I'm here." Daniel kept his tone soft. he wanted to be careful with the brunet. "we should head to sleep. come on." Daniel got up and helped Corbyn get up. they both made their way over to Daniels bunk. "do you want to sleep here or in your bunk?" Dream held Corbyns hand securely. Corbyn felt a sense of safety with Daniel and his touch.

"with you, please." Corbyn was already a bright red. he wasn't even thinking straight. he didn't realize what he was saying. he didn't realize that this would turn into a daily thing or how addictive sleeping with Daniel would become.

~-~-~-~
before anyone asks, no, they did not have sex yet.