sixteen

"R-Riley?" I acted as if I was unfamiliar to the name.

His eyes burned into mine, but I don't look away so he doesn't sense any suspicion. "You know what you said." He stated, continuing his glare. I'm a bad liar, he definitely already senses something.

"I was rambling—i don't even know what I was saying." 

He stared down at me for a few more seconds, it was physically painful for me to keep my eye contact with him.

but I refused to look away, even if I tried he'd probably just force my eyes to his anyways.

Someone kill me now.

"Tell me." He spit out, making me swallow down my nervousness.

"There's nothing to tell you."

Before I know it, he's rushing past me and down the hall in front of my bedroom door. He wraps his hand around the knob and opens the door up, entering inside with no hesitation. I follow after him, speculating that he's looking for my phone.

When I enter the room myself, I see that I was correct.

My phone was right in his hands, and he was pressing random buttons onto the screen.

"Unlock it." he demanded, motioning for me to take the device.

"N—No! It's my phone, that's an invasion of privacy."

"Well then," He shrugged his shoulders and leaned the phone closer to me, reaching into his own back pocket and pulling out his phone. "If you don't, it only takes one call for me to make, so that your friend ends up—"

"You can't keep using that against me to get what you want!" I interrupted him, crossing my arms over my chest.

He smirked.

I snatch the phone from his hands and enter my password in utter disgust. I'm convinced this man has no feelings whatsoever.

Sitting down on my bed, I watch as he searches through my phone. I notice that his eyes went a bit wide once, as he continued to motion his fingers like he was typing something. After a short while he threw the phone back on to the bed beside me.

"Find anything interesting?" I mocked.

"Didn't find what I was looking for but I found something."

Mhm..

"I'm serious about what I said. You can't keep using roman's situation against me like that."

He spun around to face the mirror above my dresser, choosing to check his reflection out instead of addressing what I'm saying to him.

"You know my first night here, I was almost attacked by someone in the city." I randomly brought up, hoping to catch his attention just for a moment.

His eyes shift to mine from the mirror for a few seconds before returning back to himself.

"And the reason it almost happened, instead of it actually happening, was because of Roman."

I watched him run his hands through his blonde hair in occupation. "Your point is?" His blue eyes meet mine again for a few seconds.

"My point is that...if he was such a bad guy that you're painting him out to be, then he never would've helped me right?"

He sighs and turns back around to face me, "Annie, just shut up."

Excuse me?

"Sometimes you don't understand things, and the reason why you don't, is because your too damn naive to get it. So if you really think that "roman" is a "good guy", you just need to shut the hell up."