forty one

Not edited!

Sorry for the wait, I got a job this summer so I'm occupied most days!

Enjoy the chapter :)

Annie

I step out of the shower feeling completely refreshed after all the good and bad events of tonight.

After wrapping  my towel around my body i proceeded over to the sink to take care of my other hygienic things. All while allowing my mind to think back to everything that has happened.

My mother cheating on my dad is something I can't let go of. It feels too unreal.

Maybe I was seeing things.

No. No I wasn't.

A part of me wishes I would've minded my business and stayed with my father but no...of course I had to go wandering off to look for my mother. If I would have stayed, things would feel somewhat normal right now.

As I'm rinsing my face with cool water I think about how weird it feels showering at his apartment, I don't know how to explain it.

Like I'm used to having all the things I need at home. Skin care products, hair products, toothbrush, clothes.

But I'm not complaining, it's not a bad feeling.

More of a new feeling.

There's a small knock on the bathroom door which was immediately followed by Roman barging in without even asking.

I look at him wide eyed when he enters with store bags in his hands.

"Here, I bought the underwear you asked me to get." He hands me the bag and I literally want to die and melt into the floor.

"Roman??"

"What?" He answers cluelessly.

"You can't just barge in here like that!" I say to him. "I'm not even dressed!"

"You're wearing a towel."

"Yeah but what if I wasn't?"

"I'd be perfectly fine with that." A smirk tugs at the corner of his lips and I roll my eyes at how he manages to make everything into a joke.

And yes I did ask him if he could buy underwear for me before I got I got into the shower. Only because I had one pair and I refused to put on the pair I had. I'll just feel unclean after taking a shower.

"Well can I get a thank you?" He says.

"Can I get a 'sorry for barging in'?" I return the question.

He sucks his teeth at me. "Do you know how embarrassing it was fucking buying women's underwear at midnight?" He asks. "That cashier was looking me up and down, Annie."

"Thank you, now get out." I say, slightly pushing on his arm.

He scoffs and finally leaves the bathroom. I take the time to get myself dressed in one of his hoodies that I stole out of the closet and my cotton shorts. The hoodie is like a coffee brown color so it immediately caught my attention.

When I put the hoodie on, it smelled so much like him.

Cigarette smoke & cologne.

I tuck my hair into the hood and put the hood up, a few stray hairs framing my face.

I throw my other clothes into the clothing hamper and quickly check my appearance out in the mirror, letting my thoughts roam in the midsts of my own silence.