thirty

I'm like half asleep but I want to publish this so enjoy :)

Definitely will be going back and adding/editing this chapter

Annie

I felt so sick.

You know that feeling when something so sudden happens and you immediately think the worse? So your body reacts in a way where you won't stop shaking and feeling like your going to puke?

Yeah, that.

My phone was pressed to my ear as I called an Uber and jumped into my jeans that were on the floor, throwing on my tank top and flannel once again.

It took me longer than it should to button the jeans, my hands were trembling horribly.

I tucked my phone into my back pocket and gestured my body towards the bedroom door for a moment, only to turn in the opposite direction and open the balcony doors.

Lifting my legs over the railing, I jumped and my feet met the ground smoothly. I was getting better at this.

The Uber was there, but they parked exactly where I told them not to. I huffed and ran all the way to the car, hopping into the backseat before she catches the attention of anyone up this late.

After blurting out the name of the apartment complex, they were on the road, and all I could do was hope for the best, keep my mouth shut, and wait.

She locked eyes with me a few times through the rearview mirror and asked if I was okay. I told her yes, but it doesn't take a genius to see that I'm the exact opposite right now.

The anticipation was driving me insane.

Please, don't let it be bad.

Please.

Roman has been off lately, I've noticed that. I just wish he wasn't so prone to hide everything.

But I understand, not everyone can open up easily, and he for sure is one of those people.

My fingers trembled against the material of my jeans and my leg shook against the other, the drive seemed to take forever and I was growing more and more worried by the minute.

I know it's just the stress that's freaking me out right now, nothing to do with the driver, so I suffer in silence.

I pull my phone out of my back pocket and text Roman's number, hoping that Jonah somehow got a hold of the phone again, but after a good five minutes, I didn't receive a reply.

"Did you commit a murder?" I hear the woman's voice say.

I shake my head.

But I shook it in the worst way, a way that could literally fuel the woman's thoughts about me actually commiting murder.

"No, I wouldn't..." I struggled out, hoping that'd help.

She chuckled a little under her breath, eyeing me in the mirror for a second before returning her gaze back to the road. "That was a joke." She says. "You look like you'd run away from a teddy bear if it came charging at you."

Well yeah, that would be scary.

Imagine a teddy bear running at you.

That's—yeah, I'd run.

"Correct." I murmured.

After the large strain of awkward silence and odd glances through a mirror, the apartment complex was finally in sight and my heart began thrashing against my ribcage at the sight of it.